Slight Changes to JKRowling.com

JKRowling.com
August 19, 2009, 01:33 PM

Slight changes are afoot at JKRowling.com, the official website of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. Thanks to longtime reader Bel, we know that the title of her diary has been changed to "Everything you might want to Know," along with new books in the link section and a few changes of the links. As readers will recall, its been quite some time since the website has been update, so we do not know if more changes are planned, stay tuned!

Thanks Bel!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Rofr10_thumb

cghambright: The Volant book has been there a while as well. The new books are Classics like Robinson Crusoe.
Also the lightning bolt relates to some hidden content, obtainable via actions elsewhere on the site.

Posted by roonwit on August 19, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
2640_1106109818241_1391663961_305047_8301715_n_thumb

SWEET!

Posted by hrslvr529 on August 19, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

What did the title of the diary say before this change? It’s been a while since I visited the site and it seems to have slipped my mind.. * embarrassed *

Posted by MischiefManaged on August 19, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The Diary title was “Diary”. It was from December 2007 talking about the (then) 4 months since DH came out.

Posted by roonwit on August 19, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Yay! I love JKR’s site, and I’m so excited there is fresh content!!! WOOT.

Dhonesheet_thumb

I just want her to write a new book! I don’t care if it’s The Scottish Book or something entirely new. :(

Posted by cghambright on August 19, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

in you turn the time thing at the bottom right of the ? page to 19/08/09 the do not disturb sig. is on. how do you get through ?

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on August 19, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

I’m intrigued by a notable deletion from her links page. The link to the Children’s High Level Group is gone. This is the charity she chose for the proceeds from Beetle to go to.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on August 19, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

thundermountain7*Roar*: You can’t get past the do not disturb sign. That has always been the indication that the door was locked.
tinagin [ROAR]!: But it is now in the “Everything you might want to know” section, so I think she just decided that the charity links worked better there.

Posted by roonwit on August 19, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Ahhh, now I see. Thanks!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on August 19, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

con’t, I did not realize there were multiple pages there.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on August 19, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I would love to hear from Jo. About anything really, what colour shoes she’s wearing today, what she had for lunch, her favourite kind of weather.. I miss the days when she used to have little secrets to tell us about the next book. Really hope she updates her site!

Posted by Linnyish on August 19, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator

Nice! I love playing around on her site, but there hasnt been anything new in a while. I’ll check it out tonight!

Posted by Dawna on August 19, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I will have to check that out!

Posted by The Nerd on August 19, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

I am so glad there are updates as I am assuming that means she is still on the site every so often and it hasn’t been forgoten, I really hope this means more updates in all areas.

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on August 19, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...George confided to Harry that he and Fred were now working on developing something else. Harry made a mental note never to accept so much as a crisp from Fred and George in the future. He still hadn't forgotten Dudley and the Ton-Tongue Toffee.