Deathly Hallows Updates: Seven Potters Scenes Underway, Warwick Davis Confirms "Griphook" Role

DH Film
August 26, 2009, 04:49 PM

For those of us who have Twitter accounts, you will have noticed several mentions of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. First, Warwick Davis has made a series of fun tweets with fans over the past few weeks (notably Snapes Ipod playlist), and then today confirmed again that in addition to his longtime role as Professor Flickwick, indeed he will be playing "Griphook" the Goblin in Deathly Hallows. Mr. Davis had noted he had been to Leavesden recently, possibly for the interior Shell cottage scenes which rumor had it were due to have been filmed recently.

Also of interest is a cool update from Oliver Phelps who said "Wicked days filming today. I can say I am the first actor in the UK to have a VFX MOVA facial capture scan. Exciting technology." Update: Oliver has now added this description: " MOVA is a system where by using 29 cameras and UV makeup and lighting can get very detailed motions of ones face." While it is unlikely this will be used for a 'Holey" George Weasley ;) multiple reports previously have said use of this technology will be used for the Seven Potters as the actors all will be undergoing scans to have molds made of faces as they Polyjuice into Harry. Exciting and wicked days indeed!

Part One of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in theaters November 19, 2010, with part two due July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Wheeeeeee :) I totally love the idea that they might be using the facial motion picture thingy for the Seven Potters scene. Whether they’ll create seven Harrys with prosthetic makeup or with CGI, I don’t know, but if I was to venture a guess, I’d say they might use both. That motion capture thingy sounds something like what they did in LOTR with Andy Serkis, to get those closeup scenes of Gollum’s face.

Oh and Snape’s playlist was awesome :-D I really wish Mr Davis keeps true to his word and asks Alan Rickman what he’s listening on his iPod :) And tells him about Snape’s playlist too, I’m quite sure Mr Rickman would find it amusing.

Posted by MischiefManaged on August 27, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

thats so cool. im getting more and more excited to see DH.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 27, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_finale_thumb

Trivia games will have to have a separate catagory for questions like “How many characters in the Harry Potter series were played by multiple people?”, “Name the characters in the Harry Potter series who were played by more than 1 actor.”, and “Name the actors who played more than one character in the Harry Potter films.” lol

Posted by polyjusposhun on August 27, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on August 27, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

I followed all of the Potter actors that have confirmed Twitter accounts; I can’t wait for more updates!

Posted by Mika Maxwell on August 27, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator

cant effin wait! luv both those actors

Posted by Malfoyluva on August 27, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Reptile_house_thumb

can’t wait already… but a part of me doesn’t want it to end! :(
davis’ tweets are hilarious by the way

Posted by silviaelisa22 on August 27, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator

Warwick is a sweetheart

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator

oh, twitter is quite awesome!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 27, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator

"Can you see all your family standing around you?"[br] "No -- I'm alone -- but I'm different -- I look older -- and I'm head boy!"[br] [i]"What?"[/i][br] "I am -- I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to -- and I'm holding the house cup and the Quiddi