Hands On for Charity with JK Rowling and Robbie Coltrane

Charity
August 28, 2009, 06:51 PM

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling is lending a hand for charity, or her hand print more accurately. Jo and actor Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) are part of over 100 celebrities who have donated specially designed hand prints for a charity auction to help this toddler who lost her hands and toes due to complications from Meningitis. As seen here in our galleries, in true wonderful magical form, Jo drew her fingers with a bit of Harry Potter style: her thumb as a snake (Nagini?), and her fingers represented by Harry, Hedwig, a Dragon or a Unicorn and the Snitch; just marvelous! You can also see Robbie Coltrane's green painted handprint here.

The Northern Echo reports that these prints will be on exhibit next Saturday before going up for auction on September 5th, with tickets at "£65 a person, which includes a champagne reception, three-course dinner and a range of entertainment, including X Factor finalists Badlashes." For more information on the charity and the auction, please click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Msn_thumb

Love the design! And what a great thing to do :)

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on August 29, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

I love JO! She’s so cool!

Posted by Shalanarah on August 30, 2009, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Definatley for a great cause!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 30, 2009, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

I am proud of what Jo does!She keeps close to everything she tought us with her books!!
Well done, I hope that in the future I would have enough money and popularity to help other people who needs my help!!!

P.S.I like the snitch finger!! ;-)

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on August 30, 2009, 07:54 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :)
i love this kind of news :)

Ronhermione_thumb

i luv the fingers on Jo’s one!!

The_thumb

my heart smiled <(:3

Posted by wrockfangirl *ROAR!* on August 30, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator

awww so sad shes so cute go Jo and hagrid

Posted by samisapotterfan on August 30, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

and i love Jo’s picture of the hand, btw. so cool

Posted by MaggieNoise on August 30, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

thats really nice of them.
i love how J.K. Rowling always helps all these charities. She’s a really nice person

Posted by MaggieNoise on August 30, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator

I feel bad for the little toddler! I love Jo’s hand print. The kid remids me of my coison….

Posted by hp931 on August 30, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Cool hand prints!! I think the ring finger on JKR’s is a dragon because it has that pointed tail coming down from it. :-D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on August 30, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

ok, who doesnt love this woman, she does so much! i feel bad for that little girl, she’s so cute, and she looked so happy! good work Jo!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 30, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

omg that is so nice!
Ps i like the Snitch finger!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on August 30, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

I wish I had money to bid! They’re so good helping that little girl. I’ll bet Rowling’s goes for the most!

Posted by Mika Maxwell on August 30, 2009, 07:01 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry concentrated on not tripping over his feet. Parvati seemed to be enjoying herself; she was beaming around at everybody, steering Harry so forcefully that he felt as though he were a show dog she was putting through its paces.