Agent Confirms Harry Melling Back Again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 30, 2009, 08:57 AM

A minor update today regarding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Widely expected and previously reported, the Dursleys will indeed seen in the final films with the agents for Harry Melling recently updating his page with word that he will reprise his role once again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows. This of course follows previous confirmation from Richard Griffiths last year that he would be back as Uncle Vernon, with Fiona Shaw also expected to return as Aunt Petunia.

Thanks to TLC reader Andrea, Matt and SS

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Awesome! I hope they have all the dursley’s scenes including the Dudley bit and Petunia nearly saying something to him but then leaving.

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on August 30, 2009, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

Yay!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on August 30, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

yes! the Dursleys are back!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 30, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Bringonbluesky_108-3copy_thumb

That’s great!

Posted by anisia on August 30, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

THat’s good news. He is good as Dudley (though he should be blonde!)

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on August 30, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

I’m so glad. I thought they were going to cut out the Dursley scene in DH, since they weren’t there in HBP.

Posted by MaggieNoise on August 30, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
I-quote_slytherclaw018_wicked_visions_thumb

Hell yeah! I’m glad we’ll get to see the Dursley.
I was so angry they got cut in HBP, I had been looking forward to the scene in Privet Drive with Dumbledore since the first time I read it on page.

Posted by RemsyLuck on August 30, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

Yesss! Dursleys are back! I really missed them in HBP. So wanted to see Dumbledore telling them off.

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on August 30, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Herbert_thumb

Yay! And he looks great!

Posted by Dr. LEW on August 30, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i was afraid they might not put the dursleys in!! but i’m glad they decided to go with accuracy rather than useless scenes that might or might not be good

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on August 30, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Good news – no goodbye scene would have been very anti-climatic regarding that part of Harry’s life. They must need to pad Harry Melling up quite a bit – he has changed so much as he’s grown. Quite good looking now actually.

Posted by sueml on August 30, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Yay! We’ll have closure on the Muggle end of Harry’s early life! A goodbye from Dudders :)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on August 30, 2009, 11:20 AM report to moderator
R_film_02trio_study_thumb

This is very good news. I didn’t hear much about the Dursleys and their role in the final movie, and was concerned that they may have been cut. That would have been very upsetting to not include them when there is such a poignant scene between them (especially Dudley) and Harry.

Posted by LoyalGryffindor90 on August 30, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

That’s so weird I was just wondering were they coming back, that’s brilliant. We all know there’s the odd plot holes in the movies. I really hope they tie everything up in a satisfying way for the movie audiences. I mean people step back here, the industry rarely sees such a long standing and succinct franchise as this, if ever at this level. We all feel pretty confident that the novels will stay firm as one of children’s favourites for the next century. But the BA in Film in me can’t wait to see the legacy of this film series in the next 30 years

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 30, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

And in a much more pointless note, Harry Melling now looks like a friend of mine except he has blonde hair! I’m gonna picture my friend now when I read DH, not sure he’d be too enamored with that

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 30, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You try putting up tinsel when Peeves has got the other end and is trying to strangle you with it."