SpikeTV Scream Award Nominations for Half-Blood Prince Film and Actors

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
August 31, 2009, 08:12 PM

Nominations were announced today for the fourth annual Scream Awards, which honor the "best in sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and comic genres."  The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film, along with its actors, were nominated in nine categories, picking up nods in a number of traditional and unique categories.  On the film side, the Half-Blood Prince film was recognized in the Best Sequel, Best F/X, and Best Fantasy Movie categories.  A number of actors were also nominated for their respective roles in the film, including Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) for Best Actor in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show, Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) for Best Actress in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show, Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) for Best Supporting Actor, Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) for Best Supporting Actress, and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) for Best Villain.  Finally, the the "Death Eaters Attack London" scene was nominated in the unique and original Holy **** Scene of the Year category.  The sixth film is up against such other films as Up, Twilight, Coraline, Watchmen, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine in the Best Fantasy Movie category.

Voting is now open for the awards, and runs through October 17th.  Click here to vote for your favorites

The fourth annual Scream Awards are set to be broadcast on October 27th at 10:00pm EST on US cable network SpikeTV.  A taping of the awards ceremony will take place on October 17th at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, California.

Many congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

evanna lynch best supporting actress DEFINETLY! and of course i want dan and rupert and emma to win too of cource. and lol best holy * scene. thats awesome :D

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on August 31, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Congrats!!!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on August 31, 2009, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

I think Evanna Lynch should win. I hope Twilight doesn’t.

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on August 31, 2009, 08:39 PM report to moderator
123107760_thumb

This is so cool that the movie & actors are up for these awards! I agree Evanna Lynch should win! I do think the Death Eaters Attack London scene is the best Holy **** Scene & it should win! Can’t wait to watch the awards! I’ll definitely be voting.

Posted by hpfan88{ROAR} on August 31, 2009, 08:52 PM report to moderator

Awesome hoep they win all

Posted by madman1277 on August 31, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

that is soo cool. i like that the collapsing bridge scene got the holy **** scene. thats so funny but awesome at the same time.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 31, 2009, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Congratulations to everyone nominated! I hope they all win!

Posted by Kirk on August 31, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Just voted and though I seen Twilight, Kristen cannot beat Emma for best actress. Rob cannot beat Dan either for best actor. I just can’t do it, I hate Twilight the movie. I love Half Blood Prince, my fav movie so far in the series.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 31, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I voted for HARRY POTTER in every category it was nominated. It was a brilliant film and all the actors did a wonderful job! I hope Emma, Dan, Helena, Rupert, and Evanna win! Jim Broadbent should’ve been nominated though…he was awesome as Slughorn.:D

I also voted for the brilliant tv shows True Blood, Dexter, and Lost! And Star Trek and Wolverine also got a couple of my votes.

Posted by cghambright on August 31, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

@Gryffindor1991: That scene made me so dizzy. lol. It was like being on a rollercoaster or something on that part when the deatheaters fly through London and then crash into Diagon Alley. It’s definitely a holy sh*t moment because I was not expecting that.

Posted by cghambright on August 31, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay! I hope they all win :)

Posted by Christine on August 31, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay! I hope they all win :)

Posted by Christine on August 31, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Haha, was there a category that Harry Potter wasn’t nominated for? :-p Honestly, seeing that list of movies that Harry Potter is up against makes me worry that there just aren’t that many good sci fi movies coming out these days. UP was awesome, but I’m not sure if I would call it sci fi or fantasy.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on August 31, 2009, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

As a fandom, I think we should do everything we can to make sure Evanna wins. How cool would that be for her? Unless, of course, she doesn’t want the attention. But still, I think that would be pretty awesome.

Posted by mollywobble on August 31, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

We need to all pull together and just vote vote vote to try to get any and everything HP to win lol!! It’s awesome though just in general for HBP to get so many nominations. Its official Harry Potter is taking over!

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on August 31, 2009, 10:51 PM report to moderator

"Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wand, tapped the lock, and whispered, [i]"Alohomora!"[/i][br] The lock clicked and the door swung open.