Create Your Own House Scarf for September Craft Along

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2009, 11:03 AM

It is September 1st, which means young witches and wizards are setting forth from Platform 9 3/4 on their journey to Hogwarts for the start of the new school year.  Our Crafty Witches have chosen this occasion to inspire their September Craft Along, which involves crafting your very own Hogwarts House Scarf.  Join in with your fellow crafters for this project which can show your creative crafting skills, as well as your House pride.  Tutorials for both knitting and crotchet projects representing each House are available right here, as are videos on the knitting technique.  Join in the fun and discussion with your fellow crafters in the Leaky Lounge, and be sure to post pictures of your completed works over in this thread.

Happy Crafting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

The-moose_thumb

squee I love the Leaky Crafts and the Craft Alongs. The Crafty Witches and Wizard are awesome. I still havent figured out how to knit despite the tutorials in the Crafty forums so, I might try to think of some other way of making a scarf.

Posted by Moose_Starr on September 01, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I’ve been learning to knit lately so i’m gonna attempt to make a scarf…i’m still really slow though so i’ll probably only be able to wear it the winter after next haha.
Moose_Starr don’t give up. Once you get the hang of it it’s really easy you just have to learn how to speed up :D

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 01, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Third comment! I am HOPELESS at knitting so I don’t think I’ll take part.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 01, 2009, 11:42 AM report to moderator

Coincidentally someone is knitting a ravenclaw scarf for me with the POA pattern in silver and blue (I know they’re not the bookcolours but I like the colour combination). I don’t have the time to knit unfortunately and it doesn’t look very easy. But interested to see what others are crafting.

Posted by greatpetie83 on September 01, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Snapeward_thumb

Woot! So pumped for a crocheted Hufflepuff-madness scarf. : )

Posted by Hufflepuffler on September 01, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

OMG!

Hermione-granger_thumb

oooooooooooooo…….OMG such a great idea and sounds fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Granger10 on September 01, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Hermione-granger_thumb

oooooooooooooo…….OMG such a great idea and sounds fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Granger10 on September 01, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Hermione-granger_thumb

oooooooooooooo…….OMG such a great idea and sounds fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Granger10 on September 01, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Dscn1338_thumb

AAWWOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! Awesome event!!

Posted by star_fli on September 01, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Perfect. Just in time for Halloween :)

Posted by Lady of the Lake on September 01, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Good luck to everyone who participates! I look forward to seeing what you guys create.

Posted by Kirk on September 01, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i’ll see if i can accomplish all the house scarfs and maybe a hogwarts scarf with all 4 houses on it in time for halloween or christmas… =] happy knitting/crotchetting for those who attempt it

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on September 01, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Ah if I could knit I’d love that Ravenclaw illusion scarf

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 01, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

If only I could knit! I would enter this competition and have myself a Ravenclaw Scarf.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 01, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator

Nothing would ever deflect Professor Binns from plowing on through his notes on goblin rebellions -- as Binns hadn't let his own death stand in the way of continuing to teach, they supposed a small thing like Christmas wasn't going to put him off.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014