Cover Art for New Harry Potter DVD Game, MoreHome Video / DVD
Thanks to WB we now have new nice quality artwork for the newly announced Harry Potter Wizarding World DVD game. Due out now on December 1st (not 8th as released earlier) with the HBP, and first two Ultimate Collectors DVDs, the cover for the new DVD game can be seen here, with the back image here. WB describes the game as follows:
"This is a sequel to the current Harry Potter Hogwarts Challenge game. The player is back at Hogwarts, attending years four, five, and six, and engaging in activities incorporating elements from the fourth, fifth, and sixth films. Because the fiction for these books and films explores areas outside Hogwarts, to make the new game more interesting, we propose that gameplay include such areas as well. Thus, whilst the Harry Potter Hogwarts Challenge game focused primarily on classroom gameplay, the sequel would feature classroom gameplay and activities which take place in Harrys world outside Hogwarts.
As with the previous game, the player must successfully complete the activities associated with a particular year before moving on to the next, and each gameplay activity will be set up through establishing shots/location clips from the films, with narration providing any instructions or other information relevant to that activity. Students finish each year and advance to the next by completing a year End Challenge inspired by a pivotal event from each of films four, five, and six, respectively. The first player to complete each activity for all three years will be allowed to play a bonus activity, and will win the game."
Specific details sent to us from WB include:
• Quidditch World Cup Escape: Players navigate through a maze of tents and people to make it safely back to the Weasley tent.
• Dumbledore's Office: Players must look carefully around Dumbledore's office to locate items that appear on-screen.
• Marauder's Map: Players make their way from one end of the map to the other, while avoiding teachers and other obstacles.
• Year End Challenge - Dragon Chase: Players navigate the dragon up and around Hogwarts castle spires and through narrow bridges, to get back and protect the golden egg.
• Grawp's Gotcha: Players must find and ring Hermione's handlebar bell to distract Grawp and be released from his grasp. Those who are not careful might get tossed into the forest.
• Extendable Ear: By lowering one of Fred and George's Extendable Ears down a stairwell, players have to determine which of a group of characters can be heard talking.
• Dumbledore's Army: After watching Harry teach Dumbledore's Army members how to cast combat spells, players practice what they have learned by casting spells on a Death Eater dummy.
• Ministry Of Magic: To gain entrance to the Ministry of Magic, players have to solve the puzzle within the phone booth that acts as the visitors' entrance.
• Year End Challenge – Falling Prophesies: Players must make their way to the Hall of Prophesies exit while avoiding falling prophecies and Death Eaters.
• Advanced Potions: Using the Half-Blood Prince's book, players must remember the proper sequence of ingredients in order to successfully brew their potions.
• Room Of Requirement: Players have four chances to find a hidden object somewhere inside the very crowded Room of Requirement.
• Harry Potter Chronology: Before the clock chimes, players have to place film scenes in the proper chronological order.
• Year End Challenge – Apparition Tests: To pass this test, players must choose the right moment to Apparate into the ring on the floor.
• The Pensieve: A concentration game where players must carefully select a specific memory from the many memories swirling in the Pensieve.
Finally, we have the high res cover for the special box set of Years 1-6 DVD collection due out on December 8th as well.