J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

____09291_thumb

that’s so cool!

does it mean that she is writing?

Posted by ethelnorthbrook {ROAR} on September 25, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Followed! Oh this just made me SOOOOOO happy! Yaaaaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 25, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator

Squeeness! I bet she breaks like all of the Twitter records hehe. :D

Posted by Voldie on September 25, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

I agree with you ppl, it’s the best Follow Friday ever :) And indeed, could she really be writing again, like her tweets suggest? If so, it’s an even better Follow Friday! :)

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 25, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

I can not express my happiness at what this implies in words. I think I’ll just agree with Dark Lord Hector.

Posted by friendofblob on September 25, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Justin_and_lillie_thumb

YAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
oh and did I mention YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Lilliekatieinnes on September 25, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

djksfhsdjkh!
Ahhhh yay!

Posted by siriuslyamanda on September 25, 2009, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

she’s writing! huzzah!

Posted by cosmo409 on September 25, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_not_wrong_thumb

“…as pen and paper is my priority at the moment.” Excellent!!

I’m wondering if it would be worth it to get a twitter account just to follow Jo. Of course, Leaky will probably post most/all of her twitters, so I can just check my daily news here and be fine, right??

Posted by JessicaS on September 25, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I finally opened a twitter account because of this.

Posted by FosDoNuT on September 25, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator

Just about to follow her.

Posted by Smonocco on September 25, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_misc_001_thumb

Yipee! I hope that means the Scottish Book is coming along….or anything new…..oh, hope, hope, hope! Don’t follow Twitter, but maybe I should now.

Posted by stenojoz on September 25, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Matt_p_and_mj_thumb

I love Jo. And Twitter. What a great #followfriday surprise.

Posted by MJLeakyCon on September 25, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on September 25, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Suesmile1_thumb

Hey Jessica! LOL yes I think most of us will keep up with Jo and her tweets, so fear not! :)

Imagine the day if she chooses to Twitter about the Scottish book… I predict a serious Twitter crash that day lolol, or the ultimate in Retweet days lolol :)
yay for Jo!

Posted by SueTLC on September 25, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

He took a great running jump and managed to fasten his arms around the troll's neck from behind. The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wand had still been in his