J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

WOW!! that’s brilliant,she’s writing !!:D
and even if she says she won’t be tweeting,i just registered to Twitter to follow her XD

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on September 25, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

How long until she gets a Myleaky hmm we wonders?

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 25, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I think it can’t do any harm. already “following” her. it’s going to be really amazing to her from her directly now and then.

Posted by Matea on September 25, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

yessss!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on September 25, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Faries-1-1_1__thumb

What is she writing? I hope it’s something HP related.

Posted by tune81 on September 25, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Yayy!!! i’m so following her! this definitely made my day :DDD

Posted by da_member0808 on September 25, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_october08_06_thumb

THAT IS SO AWESOME! :D:D:D:D This is shaping up to be a good Friday. Yay!

Posted by sjbodell on September 25, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

NO WAY!!!

Whoa – I have no idea which am more excited over. Jo being on Twitter or the fact that she’s writing! No, the writing excites me more! (I’m how old and am squeeing very loudly at the computer?!)

Posted by PewterWolf on September 25, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator

xD she openned it in my birthday =b

Posted by humbert0 on September 25, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

This is so cool!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on September 25, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Ekh_thumb

Very cool, but I don’t expect to see many tweets from her.

Posted by Ekhetrima on September 25, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator

Posted by raisaers on September 25, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

my life is complete!!! :)

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on September 25, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

AWESOME!!!! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 25, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

i don’t care if she won’t be twittering often, i’m following anyway.

Posted by heatherklus on September 25, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator

"Yeah," said Ron slowly, savoring the words, "[i]we won.[/i] Did you see the look on Chang's face when Ginny got the Snitch right out from under her nose?"[br] "I suppose she cried, did she?" said Harry bitterly.