J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dhonesheet_thumb

I"M SO EXCITED!! I’m definitely following her! This is so AWESOME!! I wonder what she’s working on!?!!!

Posted by cghambright on September 25, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

sooo following her!!

Posted by Beckster235 on September 25, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

sooo following her!!

Posted by Beckster235 on September 25, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

So cool! I’m following her now…

Wow, that’s so cool! I might get a twitter just to follow her, haha.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on September 25, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will certainly follow her, even if she will not update often! I am glad that she is concentrating on a more meaningful novel or something similar than mundane and trivial tweets. Nevertheless, despite the reputation attached to many of the tweets that pervade on the site, I am positive hers will be creative and illuminating.

Posted by Kirk on September 25, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I am wondering how high her number of followers will go and how fast. It was in the 6000s when I looked earlier today, and is now up to 15,598

Posted by roonwit on September 25, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

I don’t care how little she tweets, I’ll follow her for the three that she does! :D

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on September 25, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

Following, even if she only Tweets once in a blue moon it’ll still be neat to read when she does!

Posted by Mac_Beth13 on September 25, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Even thought I hardly ever check twitter (as in once every 2 weeks!) I think I’ll go on more often!!!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 25, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

Finally!
Now all I need is a Twitter account… lol

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 25, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Wow, following Jo would actually make Twitter worth joining! And how awesome is it that her priority is pen & paper?? :-)))

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on September 25, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

“as pen and paper is my priority at the moment” what does that. is she writing?
i hope
i hope
i hope

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 25, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator

Stephen Fry and now JK Rowling on Twitter! I’m now following 2 of the most awesome people in the world ever. :)

Posted by enchantedsocks on September 25, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

This is fantastic!!!!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on September 25, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator

"It's not possible to live with the Dursleys and not hate them," said Harry. "I'd like to see you try it."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014