J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Img_44501_thumb

whaaaaaaaaat. whoa. lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on September 25, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Draco_bathroom_thumb

yusss. :D

Posted by ϟNearlyHeadlessNicoleϟ {ROAR} [Plushie] on September 25, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator

I’m so happy about this! I’m following JK Rowling on Twitter!
Squee!!!

Posted by Werewolves Rule on September 25, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

Oh I wish she would write endlessly! Anyways yay!

Posted by kyramp on September 25, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by butterbeer bottle on September 25, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Hp6_icon2_96x96_thumb

my kind of celb twitterer…the kind that doesn’t tweet ever 5 minutes

Posted by Traci on September 25, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Orderphoenix_thumb

I might just have to venture over and check twitter out.

Posted by superman82 on September 25, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Jo never ceases to be awesome. Can the Scottish Book be far behind?

Posted by Garden State Geek on September 25, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Black_wolf_thumb

hey, did you guys catch what she said that “pen and paper is my priorety at the moment”? does that mean that she’s writing right now?!

Posted by lightningwolf[ROAR!] on September 25, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Just got a twitter last night, and it seems I got an account just in time

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 25, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

When I joined her followers there were already 20,745 people there! It would be great to get breaking news from her directly.

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on September 25, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

i’m not naive enough to believe she is writing the scottich book…but damn i wish she was

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on September 25, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
4ztcymp_thumb

yay so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now she has upwards of 16,000 followers…. but isn’t following anyone. Oh well, she’s too buy to tweet and follow people: SHE’S WRITING!!!!

I’m hoping for the Scottish book.

Posted by Maggie on September 25, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Images_16-29-36_thumb

Wicked!

Posted by gemini_black on September 25, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Lovegood2_thumb

WOW! I followed imediatly and sent out an all caps tweet to my followers telling them to follow her or unfollow me. I am still in shock.

Posted by Loveforluna on September 25, 2009, 11:01 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Yeh could've died! All fer a dragon egg! I'll never drink again! I should be chucked out an' made ter live as a Muggle!"