Report: LEGO to Relaunch Harry Potter Toys, Update on New Video Game

Toys
September 03, 2009, 10:35 PM

Some exciting news tonight as a new report is online regarding the much beloved Harry Potter LEGO line. Readers will recall that earlier this year we learned indeed there will be a brand new LEGO Harry Potter video game due out next spring. Arthur Parson of TT Games, makers of the video game with LEGO recently made an industry appearance where he spoke about the upcoming game, with the report saying:

"Arthur also said in response to another question that Lego are actually turning some of the ideas that TT came up with into toys, and are actually re-launching the Harry Potter range to coincide with the game and what is in it."

As we saw in this adorable trailer (screencaps here in galleries) the new game is based on Harry Potter years 1-4, and this interview also says that TT Games "really wanted to make Lego more core to the experience this time around, so being able to build just about anything you want out of Lego bricks has been transferred into the game, especially Harry Potter which is heavily physics based due to the magic involved."

Pre-orders for the new game are available here in our Cauldron Shop, with a reported release date of March 31, 2010.  We are working to confirm the re-release of the wildly popular Harry Potter LEGOs and will update on this when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Toys News

Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

I wish it was out now!! I love the lego games!!

Posted by friendofblob on September 07, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator

I love the “LEGO” humour they put into the games, and that with Harry Potter is going to be brilliant.

Posted by Clabwag. on September 08, 2009, 07:43 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

yay! i was sad that i had never gotten the lego set before, i am keeping my eyes peeled to make sure i get it this time around, and the lego game sounds really fun too :] i will pre order that!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on September 09, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I have to tell you, I am kind of addicted to the Lego games. They are all amazing and funny. When I saw that this was coming out, I about lost my mind.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on September 15, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Cool, my kids are going to love all the HP Lego stuff!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on October 02, 2009, 11:39 AM report to moderator

"Just thought you'd come nosing around, did you?" Harry shouted...[br]"Sorry about that," said Ron, his face reddening with anger. "Should've realized you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace."