Harry Potter Exhibit in Boston Now Hiring

Movies
September 05, 2009, 09:30 AM

Back in July we first told you Harry Potter, the Exhibition would be moving to the next stop on the tour to Boston. Now we can report that Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts is hiring workers specifically for the traveling exhibition of props and costumes from the Harry Potter films which will open next month on October 25th. However the six positions open require workers to use an authentic British Accent, as the Museum job listing says:

"Six (6) positions must be in the exhibit at all times. The staff in these six positions must have an authentic British accent at all times! Ideal candidates will have some familiarity of the Harry Potter™ films, and work well in direct contact with the general public. The Exhibit Host will work in all six positions, rotating about every hour or so into another position. Again, all six positions must be in place whenever the exhibit is open; an authentic British accent will be used at all times."

"Both full-time (35+ hrs/wk) and part-time (10 to 16 hrs/wk) temporary Exhibit Hosts are needed to provide the necessary coverage in this exhibition. The Museum of Science will be hiring for 20+ total temporary positions.The ideal candidate will have as much schedule flexibility as possible to work mornings, afternoons, and some evenings, on any days of the week and weekends, from mid October 2009 through late February 2010. The exhibit is open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas."

For more on how to apply, click here. Good luck! Thanks so much Jen!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ron1_thumb

Wow! I wish I could work there. That’s so cool! I still need to go to the Chicago one – time’s running out );

Posted by Christine on September 05, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Its so annoying that harry potter is BRITISH yet america gets all the good stuff like THEME PARKS!!!!!!! UK should get stuff too!!!!!!

Posted by kellymw on September 05, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Avatardeathlyhallows_thumb

Wow, would be awesome to work there. And kellymw, you’re quite right actually! :o Nothing against America though.

Posted by Prosophules on September 05, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

Yea i agree! The UK needs some good Potter events. I wish i could get a job like that, it’d be so cool.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 05, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Who can i email and moan to JK???

Posted by kellymw on September 05, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

No i agree nothing against the Americans but it is really annoying!!!

Posted by kellymw on September 05, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

That’s so cool! I wish I lived in the states… And could do a decent British accent… And didn’t have going to school to worry about…

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on September 05, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i would work there if i lived anywhere near the exhibit. i hope it comes to DC next because im only about 2.5 hours from there.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 05, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

Ah if only I lived near there!

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on September 05, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

I think it’s really funny that you have to fake a British accent to work there. Don’t they know that even Dan said all Americans are crap at British accents? But anyway, it would be an amazing job. You’d get to be around the props and talk about Harry Potter day after day all in a British accent…and get paid for it!

Posted by kayzz on September 05, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Cool! Workers with British accents? Awesome:]. Wish I could work there, but it’s a 3 hour drive and I’ve got school:[

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on September 05, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

If only I could do a British accent, I would definitely apply. Since I can’t, I will have to settle for attending multiple times and telling whoever will listen all I know! ;)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on September 05, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Jen_thumb

They’re asking for British accents? I’m from Scotland, which is in Britain, yet I doubt they would hire me because of my Scottish (and hence British) accent. I’m sure what they actually mean is an English accent, from England, which is also a seperate country in Britain. Unless they’re willing to hire Scottish, northern Irish and Welsh people too, then they should refer to their desired accent as ENGLISH!
Sorry! I’ll get off my soapbox now :-P

Posted by Jen Lindsay on September 05, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

If I didn’t have to work…and could do a decent Brittish accent..I’d try! LOL

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on September 05, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Avatardeathlyhallows_thumb

Jen Lindsay, maybe they also hire Scottish, Irisch and Welsh people. You never know!

Posted by Prosophules on September 05, 2009, 11:03 AM report to moderator

"I remember only forcing myself, sleeplessly, endlessly, second by second, to exist... I settled in a faraway place, in a forest, and I waited... Surely, one of my faithful Death Eaters would try and find me... one of them would come and perform the magic

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014