'Female Force' Biographical Comic Book of J. K. Rowling to be Published

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 08, 2009, 10:02 PM

Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling will be joining the ranks of such other notable people as President Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey with the publication of a biographical comic book from Bluewater Productions.  MTV is reporting that the author will be the latest subject to have their life story immortalized under the 'Female Force' line of comics, which offers "broad examination of strong and influential women who are shaping modern history and culture."  Slated to be published in December, the comic will be available in two formats, a standard 23-page comic, as well as a "double-sized collector’s edition."  A press release regarding the announcement notes:

"J.K. Rowling created a renaissance in children's and young adult literature. She inspires a legion of fans and it will be fascinating to follow how many future writers will point to her work as their original source of inspiration," said Bluewater’s president Darren Davis.
The comic, written by Adam Gragg examines Rowling's middle class upbringing, her time in Portugal teaching English, her meteoric rise with seven immensely successful books adapted into several high-grossing Hollywood blockbusters, and her post-Potter endeavors.
"She is a remarkable and multi-dimensional woman," Gragg noted, "Learning about who she is and how she struggled to become a success was a truly enlightening experience. Twelve publishers turned her down. If it weren’t for the daughter of a British publisher who liked Rowling’s first chapter of 'Philosopher’s Stone,' we might never have met Harry Potter."
The full cover of the upcoming comic book can be viewed right here.  The standard edition comic will retail for $3.99, while the collector's edition will sell for $6.99.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Twitter2_thumb

Wow, that is amazing. I hope I can get my hands on a copy here in the Netherlands!

Posted by Niphai on September 09, 2009, 02:43 AM report to moderator
____09291_thumb

i wonder what jo thinks about it; does she know?

Posted by ethelnorthbrook {ROAR} on September 09, 2009, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I wander what that’s going to be like.

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 09, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

AWESOME! I am so going to get one of these. Way to go, Jo! =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on September 09, 2009, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

Ah this is so friggin cool! I want it!!!

Posted by Shalanarah on September 09, 2009, 03:05 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_08_thumb

Wow! That’ looks so awesome!

Posted by zephy_stephy *SQUEE* on September 09, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

laughs at how they made JKR look like wonderwoman Well I guess she is a superhero to me.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 09, 2009, 04:11 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

awesome.. JKR glomorized..

Posted by alegria35 on September 09, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator

I want one!!!!
She is an amazing woman and she deserves it :D

Posted by on September 09, 2009, 04:44 AM report to moderator

I CAN’T WAIT!!!

Posted by elise on September 09, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

LOL, this is hilarious. I’m soo gonna get this! I wonder if she will have super powers or something XD

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 09, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I can’t wait!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on September 09, 2009, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

i can’t wait to get one!!!!! It will be so interesting!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 09, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

That’s awesome!!!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on September 09, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator

cool

Posted by madman1277 on September 09, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator

"I trust Severus Snape," said Dumbledore simply. "But I forget -- another old man's mistake -- that some wounds run too deep for the healing. I thought Professor Snape could overcome his feelings about your father -- I was wrong."