Light a Candle Against the Winter Dementors with the HPA Tonight

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 13, 2010, 06:31 PM

In the cold days of January, the winter blues can so easily sneak up on a person.  Fortunately, tonight at 8:30pm EST, the Harry Potter Alliance is hosting a special episode of PotterWatch on LiveStream discussing that very topic.  Join your fellow HPA members as they discuss the prevalence of wintertime dementors, as well as the ways in which they can be driven away.  The program will start at 8:30pm EST on our LiveStream station right here.

On a related note, the Harry Potter Alliance would like to remind everyone that they can text "HAITI" to "90999" to send a donation of $10 to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts in Haiti.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Wand_thumb

That is really good!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 13, 2010, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

I think doing something to help battle the “wintertime dementors” is a lovely idea.

Posted by Mac_Beth13 on January 13, 2010, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

Sounds great, and don’t forget to text to make a donation!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on January 13, 2010, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i feel that chill down my spine everytime i go outside

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 14, 2010, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

haha cool

Posted by alicia00 on January 14, 2010, 07:28 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

FIRST!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 14, 2010, 10:53 AM report to moderator
83012486_thumb

Sounds awesome :)

Posted by tofupanda on January 14, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Not a bad premise really…

Posted by Won_Two on January 14, 2010, 02:26 PM report to moderator

I did something to battle the winter dementors. I moved to Phoenix 12 years ago… It was a good choice.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on January 14, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Zomg_yay__thumb

Yes, i do get a serious case when wintertime dementors roll around, especially since Summer ‘09 here in the northeastern US was all rained out, I’ve been having them forever now ponders if dementors had anything to do with that…

On a more serious note, i hope everyone finds the goodness in their hearts to make a donation to the Red Cross, however much you can give, because it will make all the difference in the world. Also, pray for all the families who have lost relatives and friends, and hope that at least some family members get the chance to experience a miracle by finding their loved ones.

Posted by drarry.girl on January 14, 2010, 03:44 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

AWESOME!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on January 15, 2010, 01:43 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Winter in and itself is a Dementor of sorts to me. I can’t wait for Spring!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 15, 2010, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That is really good!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 15, 2010, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

For me I’ll be in bed at that point :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on January 15, 2010, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

That’s a great idea – even though I’m late for it as usual.

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on January 15, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator

"Harry... I as good as killed them," he croaked. "I persuaded Lily and James to change to Peter at the last moment, persuaded them to use him as Secret-Keeper instead of me... I'm to blame, I know it..."