3D Map of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in January 28th Editions of USA Today

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 21, 2010, 12:38 PM

According to the latest issue of USA Today, a three-dimensional Wizarding World of Harry Potter map is set to be included in the January 28th issue of the national newspaper.  The small, front page article, which can be seen right here in our Image Galleries, relates:

"With a computer, webcam, and the newspaper, you can a three-dimensional sneak peek at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort before its opening in spring 2010.
By rotating a printed map in the newspaper in front of your webcam, you can take a closer look at the entire area from all sides and angels through augmented-reality technology."
The paper goes on to say, by using this webcam viewing system, newspaper readers will be able to utilize this feature:
  • Hogwarts castle will appear.
  • Hold the map closer to your webcam and explore Hogsmeade village.
  • See where the Hogwarts Express has just arrived.
  • Blow on your computer's microphone, and the banners on the map will wave.
Anyone able to scan the 3D map of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, please do so, and send word into staff@leakynews.com

Thanks to Sue for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

I CAN’T WAIT :o)

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on January 21, 2010, 01:19 PM report to moderator

When does it open ????

Posted by Mew5645 on January 21, 2010, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

OMG THAT IS SOOOO COOL.. i want that mag. and i wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sumbody take me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 21, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Sounds good, but will it be?

Posted by Mr. Brightside on January 21, 2010, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on January 21, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
George_ron_thumb

I would have picked up a copy of the paper but I don’t have a webcam.

I just hope the park is open by the third week of May. I’ll be in the area that week.

Posted by blue_rogue on January 21, 2010, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Wow that’s awesome! Too bad I don’t have a webcam :(

Posted by da_member0808 on January 21, 2010, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Whoaaaa. That is pretty cool.

Posted by Christine on January 21, 2010, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

sweet

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on January 21, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
L_1dfd21a003264ffa96111de64ec394a9_thumb

jealousy! i can’t do it!

Posted by zerodatguy on January 22, 2010, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Well they make it sound really amazing, but I wonder if it will live up to that, or is it a ploy to sell more newspapers and it will not be half as good as they say.

Sorry if I sound cynical, because I really hope it will be brilliant and I look forward to hearing about it from everyone.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on January 22, 2010, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Whoa.

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I’m still crying! who will take me to Orlando!!!!???

Posted by Matea on January 22, 2010, 06:21 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow that amaxing

Posted by alicia00 on January 22, 2010, 07:49 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I don’t have a webcam, but I still want a copy of that paper!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 22, 2010, 08:05 AM report to moderator

They went into Gladrags Wizardwear to buy a present for Dobby, where they had fun selecting the most lurid socks they could find, including a pair patterned with flashing gold and silver stars, and another that screamed loudly when they became too smelly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014