3D Map of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in January 28th Editions of USA Today

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 21, 2010, 12:38 PM

According to the latest issue of USA Today, a three-dimensional Wizarding World of Harry Potter map is set to be included in the January 28th issue of the national newspaper.  The small, front page article, which can be seen right here in our Image Galleries, relates:

"With a computer, webcam, and the newspaper, you can a three-dimensional sneak peek at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort before its opening in spring 2010.
By rotating a printed map in the newspaper in front of your webcam, you can take a closer look at the entire area from all sides and angels through augmented-reality technology."
The paper goes on to say, by using this webcam viewing system, newspaper readers will be able to utilize this feature:
  • Hogwarts castle will appear.
  • Hold the map closer to your webcam and explore Hogsmeade village.
  • See where the Hogwarts Express has just arrived.
  • Blow on your computer's microphone, and the banners on the map will wave.
Anyone able to scan the 3D map of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, please do so, and send word into staff@leakynews.com

Thanks to Sue for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Raven_avatar_thumb

My webcam is dead!

Posted by Won_Two on January 22, 2010, 08:29 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

It’s awesome! And I’m practically sure that nobody have never done anything like this! It will be great if someone can scan it!

Posted by Pollytomat on January 22, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

However, I still don’t understand how it works from the technical point of view… It’s a reall magic for me)))

Posted by Pollytomat on January 22, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Coolio!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 22, 2010, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

sweet!!

Posted by The Nerd on January 22, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator

That sounds so cool, I want that map.

Posted by Little Deatheater on January 22, 2010, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Angel_thumb

this is just like what hank green had in a vlog from a while back. It is sorta cool.

Posted by hrrypttrfn328 on January 22, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Angel_thumb

Posted by hrrypttrfn328 on January 22, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

That’s soooo cool and I’m thinking about crying because I don’t have a webcam… sobs at missing out on the HP amazingness

Posted by phoenixortheflame on January 22, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Apparently I need to steal a webcam from somebody?

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on January 22, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That’s kinda cool but it’s not like it’s anything new compared to what we already know.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 22, 2010, 12:06 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

wow! that sounds so crazycool! i’m about to go and get that asap!!! :D

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 22, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Makeout_thumb

Oh my goodness! I can’t wait!!

Posted by Snakems on January 22, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will be certain to pick up a copy of the newspaper next week. This feature looks like it will prove to be a fantastic experience for all interested fans.

Posted by Kirk on January 22, 2010, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

I am definitely going to have to remember this next week. Most likely I will forget but I am going to put it on my calendar now in hopes of remembering. I think I need a rememberall. LOL

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 22, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator

Something very cold trickled down the back of Harry's neck; for a moment he thought someone was putting a Disillusionment Charm on him again, then realized that Mrs. Weasley was attacking his hair with a wet comb. She pressed hard on the top of his head.