3D Map of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in January 28th Editions of USA Today

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 21, 2010, 12:38 PM

According to the latest issue of USA Today, a three-dimensional Wizarding World of Harry Potter map is set to be included in the January 28th issue of the national newspaper.  The small, front page article, which can be seen right here in our Image Galleries, relates:

"With a computer, webcam, and the newspaper, you can a three-dimensional sneak peek at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort before its opening in spring 2010.
By rotating a printed map in the newspaper in front of your webcam, you can take a closer look at the entire area from all sides and angels through augmented-reality technology."
The paper goes on to say, by using this webcam viewing system, newspaper readers will be able to utilize this feature:
  • Hogwarts castle will appear.
  • Hold the map closer to your webcam and explore Hogsmeade village.
  • See where the Hogwarts Express has just arrived.
  • Blow on your computer's microphone, and the banners on the map will wave.
Anyone able to scan the 3D map of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, please do so, and send word into staff@leakynews.com

Thanks to Sue for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Narcissa_malfoy_thumb

wow amazing

Posted by VeronicaRiddle on January 22, 2010, 03:43 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I seem to be missing something (especially a webcam), but I don’t quite understand how it works either.

Posted by molly43 on January 22, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I definitely plan to get the newspaper, even if just to be able to have a nice picture of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort. I hope I can afford to go. I hope it won’t be too expensive.

Posted by molly43 on January 22, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator

It’s really really really really cool how all you have to do is hold a newspaper up to your webcam and it will turn into a 3D tour!!!!!!!!!!! That is called TECHNOLOGY

Posted by PowerPigpen 11 on January 22, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator

What an amazing promotion! I really hope that I’ll get an opportunity to view this.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 22, 2010, 05:56 PM report to moderator

I suspect that some clever Ravenclaw is behind this brilliant idea. =)

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 22, 2010, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

That is so cool. I’ll have to get a copy of paper when it comes out.

Posted by Bara on January 22, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Normal_knitted_dobbysocks_prokyon_thumb

haha that’s awesome

Posted by pottersocks on January 23, 2010, 05:49 AM report to moderator

They are going to see a peak in sales of Jan. 28 edition USA Today papers.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 23, 2010, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I WILL go to this Wizarding World. It’s too much for me to even imagine!

Posted by Smitch on January 23, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator

This sounds freaking amazing!!! I must have one!

Posted by jenbabe705 on January 24, 2010, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

I’m really interested to see how it’ll work!

Posted by Taylor on January 24, 2010, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee

Avatar_thumb

That sounds really cool, I wonder how well it will work in real life? I am defenitely getting my hands on a copy this Thursday!

Posted by wizardinventor on January 26, 2010, 02:08 AM report to moderator

Sir Patrick and the rest of the Headless Hunt had just stated a game of Head Hockey and the crowd were turning to watch. Nearly Headless Nick tried vainly to recapture his audience, but gave up as Sir Patrick's head went sailing past him to loud cheers.