Official Image of Hogwarts Castle from Wizarding World of Harry Potter Released

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 25, 2010, 01:44 PM

As construction on the massive Hogwarts Castle structure at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park nears completion, Universal Orlando has released a beautiful high res image of the castle.  Available to view right here, the image shows the castle's spiraling towers, turrets, and impressive detail of the exterior.  Universal notes:

The magical transformation continues.  Although still very much a work in progress, the magnificence of Hogwarts castle is beginning to take shape above Hogsmeade as work continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Hogwarts will be the home of a thrilling, new, state-of-the-art attraction - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - that uses ground-breaking technology to bring the magic, characters and stories of Harry Potter to life in ways never before experienced. Set to open in Spring 2010 only at Universal Orlando Resort, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will feature multiple themed attractions, shops and a restaurant.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Tumblr_lphabmv2ob1qcqbbso1_500_thumb

Oh god I can’t wait to go there! They’ve done a brilliant job on the castle, it looks perfect just like in the movies! Awesome!

Posted by Bech7Raven [WBM] on January 26, 2010, 08:40 AM report to moderator

Think I am going to have to take a trip to Florida this year!

Posted by Dawna on January 26, 2010, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Sweet picture! Nice high res. Looks awesome!

Posted by All Was Well on January 26, 2010, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Words fail to describe my reaction to opening this picture. To see this high resolution image of the castle, to see this location come to life and into shape, to imagine the very image of myself standing in its physical presence filled with awe, to even conceive of stepping into it…

Tears are beginning to pour down my face. None of my expectations ever created something as majestic and potent as this.

Posted by Kirk on January 26, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Wow, that castle is beautiful!! I can’t wait to see it in person!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on January 26, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Oh my goodness. It’s amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say that it will be more than wondrous when we fans finally walk through (or ride through) the doors and into Hogwarts, a world we’ve only dreamed about for over 10 years. I know that it’s been my dream forever, ever since I read the books when I was small.

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on January 26, 2010, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I’m definitely going to cry my eyes out when I enter the park.

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on January 26, 2010, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

haha this is kind of a blonde moment… haha i just realized that the gryffindor tower has 7 levels of windows..for each year…haha it all makes sense now

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on January 26, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Beautiful!

Posted by da_member0808 on January 26, 2010, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Amazing! I cannot wait to see the castle in person!

Posted by wizardinventor on January 26, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

AHHH! i think im going to pee my pants when i actually get to walk into hogwarts.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 26, 2010, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

It looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to go!!!! :) Still wearing on the name “Forbidden Journey” though, but now that I see this pic, WHO CARES??? :D

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on January 26, 2010, 01:47 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’m with Eeyore, I’ll probably wait a year too. I’m not really a crowd person either. I’m also hoping it will be less expensive then to go as well. I’m excited about it and I hope lots of people will go so they can continue to improve on the park. I’d just like to go at a less crowded time, when it’s less expensive hopefully.

Posted by molly43 on January 26, 2010, 01:54 PM report to moderator

It looks amazing. I wish I could just stay there… forever.

Posted by Queen_Victoria on January 26, 2010, 02:28 PM report to moderator

this is so cul

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on January 26, 2010, 02:53 PM report to moderator

"You don't need thumbscrews or knives to torture someone if you can perform the Cruciatus Curse..."