LEGO Harry Potter for DS "A Bit Zelda-y"

Video Games
Posted by: Rosi
January 26, 2010, 09:47 AM

The latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine has a preview of the LEGO Harry Potter game for the Nintendo DS. An article on the magazine's website has an excerpt from Official Nintendo Magazine's interview with the game's Lead Designer, Arthur Parsons. Noting that the DS LEGO Harry Potter game is "completely different" from the game for the Nintendo Wii console, Mr. Parsons comments:

It's an isometric adventure-style game. You use the stylus to guide your characters around. It's a bit Zelda-y. You can use a gesturing system to cast spells by drawing shapes on the touch screen.
Issue 52 of Official Nintendo Magazine is out now.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Wand_thumb

Cool!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 27, 2010, 09:16 AM report to moderator
38169_676962834274_38307955_37739912_3182281_n_thumb

Being “Zelda-y” is certainly a good thing.

Posted by jfrancis04 on January 27, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator

Looks like it’s already decided that I’m not going to get in on DS. I think that the Lego DS games are really bad, but that’s just my opinion. I’m soooo gonna get it on Wii.

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on January 27, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

I can’t decide if I want to get this for Wii or DS…

Posted by PaintTheSky on January 27, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

why not the Wii? It would be totally awesome for the Wii, only because I have the Wii :P

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 27, 2010, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

Please, some one wake me up when JKR writes another book.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on January 27, 2010, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

They actually look so cute!

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator

The commercial for the game looks very cute. I’d love to play it.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 27, 2010, 07:59 PM report to moderator

I’m going to surprise my nephew with the Wii version of this. =)

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 27, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Me__thumb

EFF! My DS just died a while ago after a long battle with a broken hinge. Wish it was still alive so I could play this baby :(

Posted by AidenWeasley on January 27, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Accio!

Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

ok… lego HP, huh? i never tried it. kinda freaks me out…

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 28, 2010, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

but then, of course, i love all things potter

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 28, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator
Lucius_thumb

No, no, no! This means it won’t be like the other LEGO games. This will be like LEGO battles. No good graphics, and everything will be messed up.

Posted by Lucius malfoy7 on January 28, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

That’s the way the other HP games were for the DS. I prefer the console HP games myself.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on January 28, 2010, 12:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" said Ginny. It was the first time she had spoken in front of Harry. She was glaring at Malfoy.[br]"Potter, you've got yourself a [i]girlfriend![/i]" drawled Malfoy.