Rumor: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

Reports are now making their way around the internet regarding rumors that the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films are set appear in 3D upon their theatrical release.  A report originating on the Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision Blog reports that following early 3D conversion tests of the film "Clash of the Titans" by Warner Bros., the studio has decided to release "two-part "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D."  This report of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" comes online despite confirmation by WB, but notes that it believes "but an announcement [regarding its 3D release] on "Titans" is expected by week’s end, and official word on the "Potter"pics surely will follow."  The blog goes on to say that "Conversion expenses have been coming down, so each film will cost just $5 million to convert into 3D."

While this is very much an exciting possibility, until official word comes from Warner Bros., this news remains in the rumor category.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010, while "Part Two" is will hit theaters on July 15, 2011.

Thanks to Oli!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

2009_1222ak_thumb

3D would be cool, but is it necessary? Some movies suit the whole 3D thing, whilst other’s are amazing without it. But who knows, DH might be BETTER in 3D or it might be WORSE in 3D. Anyway, you can always not go to the 3D version of the movie if you don’t like 3D movies.

Posted by chloewaaka on January 26, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Misunderstand me right though; it would be awesome to see it in 3D too. :)

Posted by Kissa on January 26, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I’ve never seen a 3D movie in my life, but I’m pretty sure I will watch the last HP movies if they are going to be in 3D. And to some of you who don’t like the idea… you can always choose to watch it in a regular theater :D

Posted by Christine on January 26, 2010, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

ow.wow.interesting.

Posted by Matea on January 26, 2010, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Normal_knitted_dobbysocks_prokyon_thumb

ok a, its not following a fad, its following technology. and b, saw was ruined by the time they hit 3. i mean 7? really? soon there will be more saws than land before times and that’s saying something. i think 3D would be pretty sick, but i’m sure they’d release 2D as well for those who get motion sickness or whatever from 3

Posted by pottersocks on January 26, 2010, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Img00540_thumb

Oh No. I hate 3-D movies. It darkens the picture and everything looks weird if you don’t have really great seats.

Posted by lolalu on January 26, 2010, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Msn-stella_thumb

I’m not surprised! Since Avatar made so much money, I’m sure the HP crew wouldn’t want to miss out.

At least if they butcher the DH storyline I’ll have pretty graphics to distract me so I won’t notice (a la Avatar).

Posted by stella8h8chang on January 26, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

I say…

BAD IDEA.

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on January 26, 2010, 09:09 PM report to moderator

NOOOOO!!! I hate the 3D trend. It adds absolutely NOTHING to the movie. They’re just doing it because they can charge $20 a ticket.

Posted by jenbabe705 on January 26, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator

Might be interesting if it’s done right.

Posted by lazykitty on January 26, 2010, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Normal_movies_hbpgermancalendar_harrymemory_014_thumb

I wouldn’t like it to be on 3D, it would be weird, i dunno, harry potter is not a 3D type of movie, but anyways i cant wait to see it :D, if they make it 3D it’s ok, whatever LOL!

Posted by anamarie96 on January 26, 2010, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Stinkaavatar_thumb

I beginning to HATE Warner Bros!. Set the trends, don’t follow them. I don’t want to see the last two important films of the series cheapened with 3D.

Posted by stinka on January 26, 2010, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Haciopblue_thumb

I really hope not. 3D type stuff makes me ill. _; As long as there is an option to see it normally, I guess it’s fine, but it just seems silly. I don’t get it.

Posted by Firefly's Locket on January 27, 2010, 01:30 AM report to moderator
129082117994124154_thumb

If they do 3d. I hope they do 2d to b/c I hate how there making every thing 3d now. I rather see it in 2d.

Posted by KellBell{ROAR} on January 27, 2010, 02:35 AM report to moderator

It’d be awesome if we got to see Harry, Ron & Hermione break out of Gringotts flying on the back of the dragon that was guarding the high security vaults in 3D! Ugh! And imagine if Nagini’s attack on Harry in Bathilda Bagshot’s house is in 3D – people will probably scream in the theater.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 27, 2010, 03:48 AM report to moderator

"Hold yer hippogriffs, I haven' finished me story yet!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014