WB Plans for Permanent UK Studio; Public Tours of Harry Potter Sets

Movies
Posted by: Edward
January 27, 2010, 10:47 AM

The Financial Times has an article online which reveals plans by Warner Bros. to establish "a permanent base in the UK as part of an estimated £100m ($161m)-plus investment that would make it the only Hollywood major to own a studio outside the US."  This base at Leavesden Studios, where the Harry Potter films have been in production for the past decade, is said to feature a "plan to allow members of the public to visit, by appointment, the sets of films made at Leavesden, including the great hall from the Harry Potter series."  The Financial Times continues:

The new plans involve building two new permanent stages, refurbishing the existing buildings and redesigning its 100-acre “backlot”, the area used for shooting outdoor scenes.
A person familiar with the plans said Warner Brothers wants to make Leavesden a European hub for post-production, including visual effects, animatronics and film editing in the UK, and believes that it will attract film business to the country.
Update: The official Warner Bros. Twitter account now confirms the report, saying, "Hey Potter Fans! WB is making a move to acquire and expand Leavesden Studios outside of London—the home of the “Harry Potter” films!"

As always, stay close to TLC for complete details and updates when we get them! Thanks to SS!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Woohoo! Awesome news!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on January 28, 2010, 07:23 AM report to moderator

i live 10 mins away, i will be going like 10 times

Posted by Feller on January 28, 2010, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

That’s fantastic!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on January 28, 2010, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

That would be totally awesome! Better than the theme park, for sure, to actually be on the set where all the films have been made. Just the thought of it gives me the chills!

Posted by wizardinventor on January 28, 2010, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is fantastic that Warner Brothers is doing this and I consider this a good investment in the economy of the area. I cannot wait to hear more about the implementation of these plans.

Posted by Kirk on January 28, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Very cool news indeed.

Posted by Lillylove on January 28, 2010, 10:04 AM report to moderator
002hudhu_thumb

This would be so awesome!

Posted by aLilyForAPrince on January 28, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

That’s so cool!

Posted by Taylor on January 28, 2010, 12:05 PM report to moderator

How interesting and exciting! I’d make the trip to see the sets!

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 28, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That is awesome! It’s great they be keeping the sets there for the tours… I am so going to go!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 28, 2010, 02:00 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

OHMIGOSH I hope they do that and open it to the public; I live so nearby, I’d be there as soon as they opened it lol!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on January 28, 2010, 03:02 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

ooh! that sounds sweet :) just another excuse to go to that lovely country

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 28, 2010, 03:06 PM report to moderator

Now I want to go so bad!

Posted by kyraptn on January 28, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

I wanna go!!!

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 28, 2010, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Eccleston_396x222_thumb

I will definitely have to check that out! I can’t wait!

Posted by Owlpost Hedwig on January 28, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Ron looked as though he'd just been told he had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.[br]"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" he asked Harry, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.