Tom Felton and Matt Lewis Interviewed by BBC Radio One

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2010, 03:31 PM

"If you thought ["Half-Blood Prince"] was dark, you ain't seen nothing yet," commented Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) when interviewed recently alongside co-star Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom). A recording of the interview, which aired yesterday on BBC Radio One, can be heard in the middle of the show from 1:06 to 1:17, via the BBC iPlayer.

Tom Felton and Matt Lewis, who were at the time promoting the DVD release of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," spilt a few intriguing nuggets in the interview about "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Addressing Malfoy's lack of female attention in "Half-Blood Prince," Felton comments that it is "soon to be rectified." Other topics covered include the actors' popularity on Twitter, school and discussion of which one of them is the real life "bad boy." Quotage:

Tom Felton: We've only shot certain parts of ["Deathly Hallows"], so it is actually impossible to say what to look forward to because we haven't done half of it, but I know the nice thing from a lot of people's perspective is that usually - well, for the last ten years - we've left it "dot dot dot," to be continued, whereas now, finally, they have the ability to say, "right, this is it, this is the ending." I hate to say it, but people are dying around you, and it's something that hasn't happened in the last ten years of school and now, all of a sudden, you've got all these characters that have been there for nine years who are no longer there.  [...] The severity of the whole thing's kicked up a notch.
Matt Lewis: There's no fat suit this year, that much I can tell you. They got rid of the fat suit and it's good for Neville this year, actually. Again, I'm not going to give too much away, but we've had some really cool stuff. The set's kind of like a set from "Saving Private Ryan" that we're working on, like D-Day.

Tom Felton:
It's epic and again, without revealing too much, Matt has some fantastic stuff. It's heroic, I'd even go as far as saying it's heroic. Heroic and even iconic.
Presenter: Have you ever been suspended or had detention at school?
Tom Felton: Yes.
Matt Lewis: I've had detention, but never been suspended.
Tom Felton: But one was for dyeing my hair blond! They suspended me for dyeing my hair blond. I couldn't believe that.
A big thanks to Wendy for e-mailing in.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

Great little interview! I love them both!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 09, 2010, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

Great interview!!! There are two of my favourite actors from the movies!

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on January 09, 2010, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

They need to quit releasing such enthralling remarks about the seventh and eighth films in interviews, just to desist from tormenting us so.

Posted by Kirk on January 09, 2010, 12:38 PM report to moderator
116336_thumb

an interview with two of my favorite actors!!!!!

Posted by The_Ghost_On_Third on January 09, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator

They suspended him for dyeing his hair!? What a strict school!

Posted by lazykitty on January 09, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
269600_papel-de-parede-hermione-granger-e-rony-weasley-harry-potter_1600x1200_thumb

That was a very funny interview! I can’t wait to see the film..

Posted by Rebbi (Emily Tonks) *ITC!* on January 09, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

haha tom got suspended for dyeing his hair blond lol thats funny

Posted by alicia00 on January 09, 2010, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

hooray for the real story being presented hence the darker tones

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 09, 2010, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

Tom and Matt – best combination ever!

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on January 09, 2010, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

They suspended him cause he dyed his hair??? Why did’t he tell them why?

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on January 09, 2010, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

Wow, I can’t believe they would suspend him for dying his hair!! I guess he really is a bad boy haha

Posted by Slytherins do it better on January 10, 2010, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I can’t wait a whole ten months for D.H!
I can’t believe anyone would get suspended for dyeing their hair!

Posted by Jacket on January 10, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

So looking forward to Neville. :-)

Posted by sgreeter8888 on January 10, 2010, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good interview…

Posted by Won_Two on January 10, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Good interview.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on January 10, 2010, 05:12 PM report to moderator

Mrs. Weasley was marching across the yard, scattering chickens, and for a short, plump, kind-faced woman, it was remarkable how much she looked like a saber-toothed tiger.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014