Tom Felton and Matt Lewis Interviewed by BBC Radio One

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2010, 03:31 PM

"If you thought ["Half-Blood Prince"] was dark, you ain't seen nothing yet," commented Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) when interviewed recently alongside co-star Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom). A recording of the interview, which aired yesterday on BBC Radio One, can be heard in the middle of the show from 1:06 to 1:17, via the BBC iPlayer.

Tom Felton and Matt Lewis, who were at the time promoting the DVD release of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," spilt a few intriguing nuggets in the interview about "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Addressing Malfoy's lack of female attention in "Half-Blood Prince," Felton comments that it is "soon to be rectified." Other topics covered include the actors' popularity on Twitter, school and discussion of which one of them is the real life "bad boy." Quotage:

Tom Felton: We've only shot certain parts of ["Deathly Hallows"], so it is actually impossible to say what to look forward to because we haven't done half of it, but I know the nice thing from a lot of people's perspective is that usually - well, for the last ten years - we've left it "dot dot dot," to be continued, whereas now, finally, they have the ability to say, "right, this is it, this is the ending." I hate to say it, but people are dying around you, and it's something that hasn't happened in the last ten years of school and now, all of a sudden, you've got all these characters that have been there for nine years who are no longer there.  [...] The severity of the whole thing's kicked up a notch.
Matt Lewis: There's no fat suit this year, that much I can tell you. They got rid of the fat suit and it's good for Neville this year, actually. Again, I'm not going to give too much away, but we've had some really cool stuff. The set's kind of like a set from "Saving Private Ryan" that we're working on, like D-Day.

Tom Felton:
It's epic and again, without revealing too much, Matt has some fantastic stuff. It's heroic, I'd even go as far as saying it's heroic. Heroic and even iconic.
Presenter: Have you ever been suspended or had detention at school?
Tom Felton: Yes.
Matt Lewis: I've had detention, but never been suspended.
Tom Felton: But one was for dyeing my hair blond! They suspended me for dyeing my hair blond. I couldn't believe that.
A big thanks to Wendy for e-mailing in.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

17879-26957_thumb

I do hope they put more light into the film. I could hardly recognize Mr Weasley and Lupin in HPHBP.
In shedding a little light on the matter, I’d just like to say that…. I know in an interview JK Rowling said that books get darker but I don’t think that she meant that each movie should get darker and darker physically.

Posted by molly43 on January 10, 2010, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I like both of these young men so much. Such nice fellows, and so cute! :o)

Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

thats nice. i lov tom. and lol about the hair detention

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 11, 2010, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I wonder if it is common in Britain for kids to get suspended for dying their hair.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on January 11, 2010, 05:02 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Very exciting!!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 11, 2010, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

really good interview….can’t wait for the movie. I’m surprised that they both gave good talk.

Posted by Anna Weasley on January 11, 2010, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ha ha. Lack of Malfoy’s female attention!!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 11, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator

“Epic and heroic” sounds very promising.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 17, 2010, 11:34 PM report to moderator

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS[br]Teachers are hereby banned from giving students any information that is not strictly related to the subjects they are paid to teach.[br][i]The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-six.