Phelps Twins Reminisce in a New Interview on the Scholastic Website

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2010, 03:59 PM

Another fun cast interview has surfaced, this time with James and Oliver Phelps on Scholastic.com. The actors responsible for portraying Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter films reminisce about the auditions for their parts, speaking in unison and souvenirs smuggled from the set. Quotage:

Q: In the films you guys speak in unison. Does that ever happen in real life?
James: It kind of came across because of that. In the films that happened because Oliver said something and I just cut him up to carry on pretty much exactly what he was saying. And Alfonso [the director of Prisoner of Azkaban] said, “I like that. Let's put it in.” So he literally got the script, crossed a load out and mixed it all up and it came from there. So I guess we do. I don't know why. Probably been around each other too much.
Q: Have you managed to take any of the props as souvenirs?
Oliver: A few may have found their way into my bag. We were on tour for the Half-Blood Prince and I was going through one airport. I took my laptop out of my bag and I found a puking pastie. And the [security] dude who was working was like, “What's that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie?” And he says, “What does that do?” “It makes you sick.” “Why have you got that?” And I said, “You're not gonna believe me if I told you.”
The full text of the interview can be found via this link.

Thanks to Ink Splot 26 for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22037 Points

S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

GOD!!
i love them!
i wish i was in the weasly family!

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on January 08, 2010, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

what a blast it would be to chill with these dudes for a day

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 09, 2010, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

They’re really funny. “…. puking pastille?” lol

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 09, 2010, 05:31 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

woohoo. love them, theyr hilarious. lol about the puking pastilles.

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 09, 2010, 05:44 AM report to moderator

hahaha that’s so funny >.<

Posted by ApplesArthur on January 09, 2010, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

LOL I love the twins! They’re AWESOME!

Posted by Owana Potter on January 09, 2010, 08:15 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

The twins are hilarious and it is soooo funny about the puking pasties!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 09, 2010, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I love those guys!!!!

Posted by The Nerd on January 09, 2010, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i love them they’re hilarious

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on January 09, 2010, 09:49 AM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Really cool interview! Sad to think how this set of movies is coming to an end, but I’m sure it won’t be too many years from now there’ll be more HP movies or TV shows.

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 09, 2010, 09:52 AM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 09, 2010, 09:52 AM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 09, 2010, 09:53 AM report to moderator
15022011403_-_c_pia_thumb

And the [security] dude who was working was like, “What’s that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie?" LOOOOL

Posted by katarina_cat -*K.Wings*- [ITC!] on January 09, 2010, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

haha awesome interview! I love the Phelps twins. They’re so funny :)

Posted by da_member0808 on January 09, 2010, 10:08 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"You ever thought of a career as an Auror, Potter?"[br]"No," said Harry, taken aback.[br]"You want to consider it," said Moody, nodding and looking at Harry thoughtfully.