Phelps Twins Reminisce in a New Interview on the Scholastic Website

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2010, 03:59 PM

Another fun cast interview has surfaced, this time with James and Oliver Phelps on Scholastic.com. The actors responsible for portraying Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter films reminisce about the auditions for their parts, speaking in unison and souvenirs smuggled from the set. Quotage:

Q: In the films you guys speak in unison. Does that ever happen in real life?
James: It kind of came across because of that. In the films that happened because Oliver said something and I just cut him up to carry on pretty much exactly what he was saying. And Alfonso [the director of Prisoner of Azkaban] said, “I like that. Let's put it in.” So he literally got the script, crossed a load out and mixed it all up and it came from there. So I guess we do. I don't know why. Probably been around each other too much.
Q: Have you managed to take any of the props as souvenirs?
Oliver: A few may have found their way into my bag. We were on tour for the Half-Blood Prince and I was going through one airport. I took my laptop out of my bag and I found a puking pastie. And the [security] dude who was working was like, “What's that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie?” And he says, “What does that do?” “It makes you sick.” “Why have you got that?” And I said, “You're not gonna believe me if I told you.”
The full text of the interview can be found via this link.

Thanks to Ink Splot 26 for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Emmy-hennings_thumb

I always wonder if one of them looks a bit different from the other… in some scenes, it seemed like, but then again, it doesn’t. Anyway, they’re great :)

Posted by Quaphasia on January 09, 2010, 10:22 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Wonderful interview!!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 09, 2010, 11:02 AM report to moderator

too funny!

Posted by Dawna on January 09, 2010, 11:48 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

hahaha they are hilarious on and off the screen. :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 09, 2010, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Makeout_thumb

That’s so awesome! They are soo funny!

Posted by Snakems on January 09, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I do think that they have an excellent choice in souvenirs.

Posted by Kirk on January 09, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Hpq-07_thumb

Funny interview. Especially the puking pastille part!!

Posted by ars98 on January 09, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator

so cool

Posted by 7Pirates on January 09, 2010, 02:10 PM report to moderator

puking pastie… lol!

Posted by lilyluna on January 09, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

That was a great interview. Sounds like they’ve had loads of fun with being the Weasley twins and learned a lot about being actors. I loved the comment about Alan Rickman being so different than Snape.

Posted by Eeyore on January 09, 2010, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Good interview :)

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on January 09, 2010, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Bitch_and_baby_thumb

hahahah James and Oliver are so funny :) and they seem like really close brothers. adorable ♥

Posted by TheGirlWhoLived♥ on January 09, 2010, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

They are soooo funny. I hope they will not just disappear after the last movie is done.

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on January 09, 2010, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

haha I can totally picture the puking pastille happening

Posted by The Half-Blood Princess on January 09, 2010, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb
“What’s that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie? lmao!!!!!!!
Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on January 09, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Penelope and I have got a bet on," he told the team. "Ten Galleons on the outcome of the match!"[br]Penelope put the Firebolt down again, thanked Harry, and went back to her table.[br]"Harry -- make sure you win," said Percy, in an urgent whisper. [i]"I