Phelps Twins Reminisce in a New Interview on the Scholastic Website

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2010, 03:59 PM

Another fun cast interview has surfaced, this time with James and Oliver Phelps on Scholastic.com. The actors responsible for portraying Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter films reminisce about the auditions for their parts, speaking in unison and souvenirs smuggled from the set. Quotage:

Q: In the films you guys speak in unison. Does that ever happen in real life?
James: It kind of came across because of that. In the films that happened because Oliver said something and I just cut him up to carry on pretty much exactly what he was saying. And Alfonso [the director of Prisoner of Azkaban] said, “I like that. Let's put it in.” So he literally got the script, crossed a load out and mixed it all up and it came from there. So I guess we do. I don't know why. Probably been around each other too much.
Q: Have you managed to take any of the props as souvenirs?
Oliver: A few may have found their way into my bag. We were on tour for the Half-Blood Prince and I was going through one airport. I took my laptop out of my bag and I found a puking pastie. And the [security] dude who was working was like, “What's that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie?” And he says, “What does that do?” “It makes you sick.” “Why have you got that?” And I said, “You're not gonna believe me if I told you.”
The full text of the interview can be found via this link.

Thanks to Ink Splot 26 for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I read the whole interview…they are so funny! I loved the puking pastille part! :D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on January 09, 2010, 11:58 PM report to moderator

I love these boys! I actually think they are the most attractive people ever. Love the interview :)

Posted by Kirann on January 10, 2010, 06:07 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I love them both so much!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on January 10, 2010, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

love the interview

Posted by alicia00 on January 10, 2010, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Another good interview…

Posted by Won_Two on January 10, 2010, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Lol. They’re so funny.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on January 10, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

They are hilarious!!!

Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

very funny on the puking pastel! and I understand the talking at the same time thing. :) It happens when you know someone for a long time…

Posted by friendofblob on January 11, 2010, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

they seem like fun in really life…loved the interview

Posted by Anna Weasley on January 11, 2010, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ha ha Oliver!!!! He’s awesome!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 11, 2010, 03:09 PM report to moderator

These two did not get enough face time in the movies! They are by far my most favorite characters and actors! Wish we could have seen Harry give them the Tri-Wizard winnings to explain the WWW store in the HBP. What were these folks thinking? Love these two!

Posted by hewy on January 11, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator

Lol puking pastilles

Posted by madman1277 on January 12, 2010, 12:34 AM report to moderator

hehehe but surely they mean ‘puking pastle’ not pastie! i guess maybe it’s different in the film…

Posted by Hermione and the House Elves on January 14, 2010, 12:06 AM report to moderator

The Phelps twins are so funny. Can you imagine the look on the face of that security guy when he told him it was a Puking pastie?!

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 17, 2010, 07:26 AM report to moderator

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment...[br]There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014