Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 50 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 01, 2010, 02:19 AM

There are now only 50 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

Back in his bedroom, Harry fiddled aimlessly with his rucksack, then poked a couple of owl nuts through the bars of Hedwig's cage. They fell with dull thuds to the bottom, where she ignored them.
"We're leaving soon, really soon," Harry told her. "And then you'll be able to fly again."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dursleys Departing"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Da1a_thumb

Wwaaaaahhhhh!!! Knowing what happens shortly after this makes me cry!!!

Posted by Rin68nyr on October 01, 2010, 11:28 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i cant wait :D

Posted by athena lupin on October 02, 2010, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb

Hedwig is so funny the way she can get mad like a person and ignore harry or bite him. or if she is happy and she is hooting and flying and being nice.ok that doesnt all make sense or does it? i dont know. ^ ^
( 0 0 )
v – Hedwig!!
( ( ) )
m m

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on October 02, 2010, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb

darn my hedwig got messed up let me make a new one.
^ ^
( 00 )
v
( ( ) )
m m
Tada I hope this works.If not then I give up!

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on October 02, 2010, 12:48 AM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb

grrrrrrrr I can’t make hedwig!

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on October 02, 2010, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb
^ ^

( 0 0 )
V
( ( ) )
m m
Hedwig? yeah I lied one more try!

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on October 02, 2010, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb

sigh I just cvan’t do it. :(
< 0
> }
< 0
ummmmmmm yeah this might be hedwid???

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on October 02, 2010, 12:53 AM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb

yep no once again I resign

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on October 02, 2010, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Me_apex_4_thumb

cant belive he dies :( makes it so sad the fact he dusnt get to fly soon :(

Posted by jamietaylordeathlyhallow on October 02, 2010, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

It was so sad that Hedwig died shortly after this chapter. Harry escaped, but his faithful owl was gone from him for ever. I am glad that the movie will show that Hedwig died “in battle”. I agree with JKR, though. Those we loved are never completely gone from us.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 02, 2010, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

sad she was mad at him until the end

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 03, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Ron, can we borrow Pigwidgeon?" George asked.[br]"No, he's off delivering a letter," said Ron. "Why?"[br]"Because George wants to invite him to the ball," said Fred sarcastically.