Preview of the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Soundtrack Online

Music
Posted by: Edward
October 26, 2010, 03:45 PM

Thirty second preview clips from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film soundtrack have made their way online care of Amazon.co.uk.  Readers will recall, the track titles for the soundtrack were revealed by a Belgin site; this posting on Amazon confirms the track listing for the forthcoming Harry Potter film soundtrack.

The "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film soundtrack will hit online and retail store shelves on November 16.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

P4093399_thumb

@bellatrix15101 †~WBM~† and @abandonedboyjon I really hope you are right because other than that i really like the score and i reckon that it suits the film perfectly…. fingers crossed

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on October 26, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Wow the tracks sound good :D
Especially these! They sound great, cant wait to hear them while watching moving pictures haha :D

Obliviate
Snape to Malfoy Manor
Sky Battle
Harry and Ginny
Ron Leaves
The Exodus
Godric’s Hollow Graveyard
Hermione’s Parents
Lovegood
The Deathly Hallows
Captured and Tortured
Farewell to Dobby

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 26, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Carrascoavatar_thumb

Yes! I just listened to the clips one time through. I gotta say, overall the album seems to fit in with all of the other albums but it is a little odd to hear an album that’s almost all strings based. I’m used to hearing more horns in the mix. I too am hoping that hints of Hedwig’s Theme shows up because that’s what really makes it feel “harry potterish” to me. I am definitely excited to hear the full score though. I kinda miss the brass but am excited about the lushness of the strings.

Posted by hpbruin on October 26, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Oh please no! This is everything I feared when I heard that Desplat was doing the movie. I can only hope that the film is good enough to counter it.

Plenty of piano, some of it dodgy arty stuff (though not all, some was nice. But Harry and Ginny is not sounding good) and no sense of fun about it (though the Dobby track is a good exception and one of the more Harry Potter sounding ones) and the action music is predictable and clunky that we hear though hopefully they just picked unfortunate extracts. The new Ministry of Magic track isn’t as good as the one Hooper came up with I think but I’ll withhold final judgement until seeing when it’s actually played in the film.

I don’t like that several of the clips seem to be just again predictable streams of chords. The Ron Leaves track starts well before descending into cring-worthy. But all the other films have had moments of that and it didn’t do them too much harm (bar GoF possibly). Please, please just let this and some of the others be bad examples that are made better in the whole. The Exodus and Bathilda Bagshot sounded promising. Lovegood too, as others have said.

Posted by nellythemarrow on October 26, 2010, 07:16 PM report to moderator

Woot! That means new ringtones will be here soon, too!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on October 26, 2010, 07:33 PM report to moderator

honestly although it sounds fresh and different, if i hadnt known that this was the score to HP, i really would not have known that this was the score to HP. couldnt they have taken minor subtitles from all the HP themes we know and love?

Posted by Jakeom95 on October 26, 2010, 07:37 PM report to moderator

Posted by Jakeom95 on October 26, 2010, 07:37 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

sounds great! i can’t wait to hear it all the way through with the video, combined. good job desplat!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on October 26, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator

I have to say that although the 30 sec snippets bode well for the soundtrack, I found little to link these tracks to past tracks that have become iconic Harry Potter such as Hedwig’s Theme. At least I wasn’t assauted by cymbals and such (thinking Goblet of Fire). Now it will be up to Williams to tie it all up in a grande finale.

Posted by weilor123 on October 26, 2010, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Mpw-42519_thumb

i love the “Harry and Ginny” track! also the “Ron’s Speech” is very good too!

Posted by angelHPL on October 26, 2010, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Some are saying this doesn’t fit in with the other soundtracks. I disagree. First of all, Hooper was just as heavy on the strings. There are also more horns and woodwinds than Hooper had if you want to compare it to the soundtracks of the first 4 films. As for Hedwig’s Theme, you can here it beginning at the end of “Hermione’s Parents.” The biggest difference with this soundtrack is the piano pieces.

I’ll wait until I hear the soundtrack in correlation to the film before I pass judgment, but I think it sounds fine so far.

Posted by mollywobble on October 26, 2010, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

It sounds good! But it doesn’t sound like Harry Potter. It doesn’t give me chills like the first one did. Let’s face it, after listening to PoA, nothing is quite the same. Sure, change is good, but not this kind of change. PoA makes me emotional, the music gives me chills, and makes me want to move. This doesn’t even have the main Potter theme. Desplat’s amazing, and i love his work, but maybe he wasn’t cut out for HP. I’m glad Williams is coming back for the last part. When his music comes out, we won’t even remember the music from Part 1.

Posted by ProfessorAlice on October 26, 2010, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Really liked the Ron’s speech,Godric Hollow Graveyard,Ron leaves,Deathly Hallows. Can’t say abt Harry/Ginny i wanted that to be the best of the lot but felt a little let down

Posted by blackhair on October 26, 2010, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

@mollywobble- thank you for pointing out “Hedwigs theme” – I didnt notice it the first couple of times!

@professoralice- the JW confirmation was retracted, I believe. Still up in the air.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on October 26, 2010, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Download_thumb

this is really good

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on October 26, 2010, 10:45 PM report to moderator

"So you mean the Stone's only safe as long as Quirrell stands up to Snape?" said Hermione in alarm.[br] "It'll be gone by next Tuesday," said Ron.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014