Singing Our Song at Hogwarts: Potter Puppet Pals to Perform at LeakyCon

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
October 07, 2010, 01:24 PM

We are thrilled to officially announce that The Potter Puppet Pals, the most successful Harry Potter related YouTube act of all time, will be joining us at LeakyCon 2011, Leaky's charity conference that will take place in Orlando, Florida, the weekend of the release of the final film in the Harry Potter franchise. This will be the Potter Puppet Pals' first live conference performance ever.

Neil Cicierega and his crew are behind a viral Potter puppet act that has garnered a staggering 172 million views to date. Through comedy and puppetry Cicierega and his friends have created a loyal fanbase as active and avid as that of the Harry Potter series itself. The video Mysterious Ticking Noise" is one of the most viewed YouTube videos of all time, considered nearly required viewing for a Potter fan; it was the winner of the best comedy video in the 2007 YouTube Awards and has been mentioned by Daniel Radcliffe as something the Potter actors joked they would like to recreate themselves.

Precise details on the ways in which the Pals will be presented at the conference will be released at a future date!

LeakyCon is set for July 13-17 at the Royal Pacific Hotel in Orlando, FL. Basic registration rates will go up for the first time on October 10, 2010 - so don't wait! Visit LeakyCon.com for more! We can't wait to have you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

AMAAZING! I wanted to go before, but now I really want to go! HPPP is amazing.

Posted by Ariana Devins on October 07, 2010, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_pigwidgeon__thumb

oh my gosh..all the epicness is gonna be at leakycon!!wish i could be there:( i guess i’ll be stuck watching the youtube vids..

Posted by pigwey on October 07, 2010, 06:48 PM report to moderator

:D awesome!!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on October 07, 2010, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

AHH! I love potter puppet pals, and that song/video is my favorite!
I wish I could be there!!!!!!!!! :(

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 07, 2010, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Now THAT is a serious incentive to attend! I wish Leaky would cover every new PPP release. How many people here haven’t even seen their latest, “Draco Puppet”? It’s hilariously cruel. I love how the Harry puppet is always the most stuck-up and obnoxious of them all. Now, sing along with Harry, everybody!

Draco likes hamsters
Draco likes honey
Draco likes toothpaste
Draco likes money

Draco likes facepaint
Draco likes pliers
Draco likes bowling
Draco likes cartwheels
Draco likes fire

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 07, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

I want to go too. :(

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on October 08, 2010, 03:23 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Now I REALLY would like to go!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 08, 2010, 03:26 AM report to moderator

Is it 2011 yet? LeakyCon is going to be so much fun!!!

Posted by Kate725 on October 08, 2010, 04:04 AM report to moderator

This is going to be almost worth the air fare from the UK on it’s own!!! Can’t wait!!

Posted by Daisy on October 08, 2010, 04:49 AM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

:( I so wish I was going to see this, I love Potter Puppet Pals (then again who doesn’t?)

Posted by Jooooooolz on October 08, 2010, 05:19 AM report to moderator
Hp_p3_thumb

i got my 2, 4, and 5 year old cousins to sing this it is sooo cute

Posted by bardot11 on October 08, 2010, 05:51 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

I think this is so Cool!!! it just made me want to be there even more!!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on October 08, 2010, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I am dying to go there.

Posted by Susmita singh on October 08, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Josfan_thumb

“This will be the Potter Puppet Pals’ first live conference performance ever.”

I’m sure that means something I’m missing, because I went to Terminus in 2008, and saw them live there. And, although watching them in person was sort of fun, IMHO Neil is way full of himself.

Posted by Brightsong on October 08, 2010, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

Really? I was at Terminus and have no recollection of them being there – I searched the net and youtube and can’t find mention or record of it. Where did they perform? Was it actually at the conference or was it at an associated event that just ahppened to be going at the same time?

Posted by Melissa Anelli on October 08, 2010, 10:18 AM report to moderator

"Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they?" said Hermione... "When they hear what you did this year?"[br]"Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those time I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious...."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014