Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 43 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 08, 2010, 01:40 AM

There are now only 43 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

Gregorovitch burst into the room at the end of the passage and his lantern illuminated what looked like a workshop; wood shavings and gold gleamed in the swinging pool of light, and there on the window ledge sat perched, like a giant bird, a young man with golden hair. In the split second that the lantern's light illuminated him, Harry saw the delight upon his handsome face, then the intruder shot a Stunning Spell from his wand and jumped neatly backward out of the window with a crow of laughter.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Thief"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Severus_x_2_thumb

Grindelwald is such an interesting character, considering that we only ever meet him in flashback or through the eyes of other people. I hope they manage to convey this in the film.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 08, 2010, 02:56 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

This passage is so fantastic! Crazy, engaging, two characters we know very little about who actually have a great impact on the story… these books blow me away :-o

Posted by devilskinn on October 08, 2010, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

OH! (PALAPIT NA NG PALAPIT ANG ARAW NG SHOWING!!) I CAN’T WAIT ANYMORE…I’M VERY EXITED….

Posted by tjerriam on October 08, 2010, 06:34 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Oh, no! I totally had forgotten about this scene. Is it Grindelwald in the window and what did he take?

Posted by Silvery Doe on October 08, 2010, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW this scene puzzled me a bit at first, but to the Silvery Doe Grindelwald was laughfing at Gregorovitch for he had just stolen the Elder Wand!!!! of which he was referred hereafter and called a Thief!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on October 08, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator

Another good one! Aren’t they all, though?

Posted by Dawna on October 08, 2010, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Hey, until now I hadn’t noticed the old “dodging a spell by jumping out of a window” move. The same thing that saved H & H from LV at Bathilda’s house.

These snapshots of Grindelwald are so intriguing and mysterious. Crazy!

38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

The event thta changed the wwhole 7th book!

Posted by Sohumdore on October 08, 2010, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

This scene drove me crazy, because I just couldn’t figure out who “the theif” could be. Of course, it was all so clear & perfect as the book went on.

Posted by Lillylove on October 08, 2010, 09:27 AM report to moderator

You guys make me reading the all books over again :D

Posted by KeaHellstorm on October 08, 2010, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

im able to imagine the movie from these quotes though i haven’t read deathly hallows still

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on October 08, 2010, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I am so excited to see this movie I can hardly contain myself… These quotes definitely get me more and more excited.

Posted by JessSnape on October 08, 2010, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I wonder if that was just a ground-floor window, or if young Grindelwald had already mastered the ability to fly that Voldemort didn’t discover until he was in his sixties (presuming that you can count his years as Vapormort as equivalent to normal aging, which is a big presumption)

It’s funny – I always suspected that Dumbledore had allowed Grindelwald to live, since JKR deliberately chose the vague term ‘defeated’ rather than ‘killed.’ But what I imagined, until Book 7, was that Grindelwald was one of the wizards whom Tom Riddle had visited after graduating Hogwarts in order to learn every bit of dark magic that he could. I was a little surprised that Voldy took so long to look for him, if only to pick his brains. It’s not like his whereabouts were all that secret – only the fact that he’d once owned the Elder Wand.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 08, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator

im getting very super excited for DH! Ive booked it off work and told my sister i will be visiting her at uni to watch it! AAAHHHHH!

Posted by Traceymmm on October 08, 2010, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

grindelwald was pretty BA

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 08, 2010, 12:54 PM report to moderator

"[Rita Skeeter] should've interviewed Snape," said Harry grimly. "He'd give her the goods on me any day. [i]'Potter has been crossing lines ever since he first arrived at this school...'"[/i]