Rupert Grint Interviewed by the The Daily Telegraph

Grint
Posted by: Mel
November 14, 2010, 12:07 AM

The Daily Telegraph has a new interview with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) where he talks about finishing his ten years on the Harry Potter films and what he's currently up to:

Right now, Grint is enjoying the boredom. The final scene of the last film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, was shot in June and he's since been surveying any offers with the lazy eye of a man who feels no need to work.
"There's a lot of best friend kind of roles," he laughs of the scripts coming his way. "But I'm not in a real rush. At the moment I'm just enjoying a bit of freedom really. Because its been constant work since we were 11, so its nice to slow down and just chill out a bit."

Grint also speaks about "Deathly Hallows" and how it felt to finish the Harry Potter film series:

"The whole structures really changed," says Grint of The Deathly Hallows. "In the previous films it's always been you're with Harry, then we get on the train and get to school.
"This time we've left school and were on the run, camping out in random places. I'ts quite moving as well, its always quite tense cos at any moment we could get attacked. And while Ron was goofy and lovesick last time around, this time he's caught the fear.
"Particularly in the first part, Ron's quite paranoid and doesn't really trust anyone and he's kinda jealous of Harry and Hermione. He has a few little tantrums," Grint chuckles, "which was quite good fun." Such a build-up meant even Grint wasn't immune when the tears started flowing after cut was called for the last time.
"It was quite a weird week actually, because we all knew it was coming," he recalls.
"I didn't really know how I was really gonna feel on the last day. It was actually really sad.
"We all cried and had a little moment. I think just cos it has been such a long time half our lives and for it to come down to just one last shot seemed like a huge deal, really.
"We had a barbecue and I brought my ice cream van down and served ice creams.
"I'm definitely gonna miss it."

Later in the article Grint discusses his role in the movie "Cherrybomb" and how he didn't pick that part to shake off the character of Ron Weasley:

Grint doesn't believe he needs to go all-out to change people's preconceptions.

"I don't think it'll ever be a conscious move," he says. "I did two other films last year over here, and one of those I had a little, ah, kind of sex scene kind of thing." Just a little sex scene?
"Yeah," he laughs. "But even that was never really a conscious decision, done to shock people. Its just kind of a natural thing, really, because of our age I think its part of . .
"Anything compared to Harry Potter is probably going to be quite shocking, I suppose.
"Because we've grown up (on screen), because we started when we were 11, people still think were still 11-year-olds.
"But it'll be something that'll always be with me I'll always be the ginger one from Harry Potter," he laughs.
"But I'm quite OK with that. I'm proud to be a part of it, really."

You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Hni_0022_thumb

Great Interview, Rupert is so cute ^^

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 14, 2010, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

i love Rupert!! =]

Posted by ::Elfie:: on November 14, 2010, 01:15 AM report to moderator
Img_2983_thumb

Love him so much!

Posted by bellelena on November 14, 2010, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Very nice interview. (In case anyone wants to buy the paper, it will actually be the Sunday Telegraph.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 14, 2010, 03:34 AM report to moderator

He’s a nice boy and someone who has never uttered a single even half interesting public comment in his life.

Posted by Beazle on November 14, 2010, 05:37 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Yay, a Rupert interview! I actually saw this in my newspaper, so I’m guessing it was published in all newspapers in Australia.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on November 14, 2010, 06:40 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Rupert’s so cute :)

Posted by devilskinn on November 14, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Haha love ya Rupert!! Hope you have a great future!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on November 14, 2010, 09:43 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I love Rupert’s bluntness and humbleness, he’s just plain sweet!

Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

“We had a barbecue and I brought my ice cream van down and served ice creams.”
awww thats why rupes the best ;)

Posted by aval on November 14, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Fun stuff – glad to hear Grint isn’t obsessed with the idea of continued fame, that is a huge pitfall for child stars. But, it almost sounds like Grint has Ron’s complex though, he will always be overshadowed by Radcliff and the others. He has said before he isn’t even sure he can act – which is funny because he was much better than Radcliff in the first film (I think).

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 14, 2010, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He is so funny and just a really great guy!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 14, 2010, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-1-800x6001_thumb

awwwww, love you rupert! hope to see him in some other films, but pleased he doesn’t feel obliged to immediately find another role to play, he’s such a nice person :)

Posted by Laura Potter on November 14, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

Great interview :) !§!

Posted by HogwartsHP on November 14, 2010, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Icon002_thumb

Aw, he is luuuurrrrvely. :)

Posted by Hazza P on November 14, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator

Perhaps it was because he was now so busy, what with Quidditch practice three evenings a week on top of all his homework, but Harry could hardly believe it when he realized that he'd already been at Hogwarts two months. The castle felt more like home than

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014