WB Releases "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Film Soundtrack Music Video

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 19, 2010, 12:21 PM

WB has sent over a short music video featuring the music from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" soundtrack by composer Alexandre Desplat.  Streaming and download links are available below.  In addition to this, a press release reads:

A special limited collector’s edition of the soundtrack will be made available. Each numbered collector’s set features the full soundtrack, a bonus CD with extra music, an exclusive poster, picture disc vinyl, a DVD including video interviews and the soundtrack in 5.1 Surround Sound Audio, original Harry Potter film cells, autographed sheet music, and a numbered certificate of authenticity. This special set will be made available at retail stores in time for Christmas and is available by pre-order now at online retail. More details are available at www.deathlyhallowssoundtrack.com.
Desplat composed the captivating score, which was recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra at the famed Abbey Road Studios. "I’m thrilled to be involved with the magical world of Harry Potter,” declared the composer. “It’s an extraordinary story of extraordinary people, which allows me to play with a world of extraordinary sounds."

WINDOWS HD
WINDOWS STANDARD
FLASH
QUICKTIME HD
QUICKTIME STANDARD

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer_thumb

First! I really think WB is going OVERBOARD just for a Soundtrack PART 1 EVEN! GEEZ! I think they should be making a BIGGER DEAL when in December 2011, You all know there going to release a JUMBO MEGA 8MOVIE ULTRASET SPECIAL EDITION set with bonus features for the elite Potter fan! thats what they should be talking about not a STUPID PART 1 soundtrack where I can get a regular CD at Target for $11.00 GEEZ thats all ya need even for a PART 1 soundtrack! grumble.

Posted by PotterParish on November 19, 2010, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

They’re doing this for the worst soundtrack after Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’s?

Posted by nellythemarrow on November 19, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator

Will wait to hear the sound track at the movies on Sunday. But thanks for the offer.

Posted by hewy on November 19, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

I think it sounds cool. Doubt I can afford collector’s set but I like teh soundtracks :)

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on November 19, 2010, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

@nellythemarrow, you’re joking, right? Patrick Doyle’s music for GoF was just about the best soundtrack of them all, IMO of course. I love it, listen to it often. Hooper’s was the worst (for OotP). I wouldn’t say Desplat’s is worth all the publicity WB is giving it (and wonder why they are), but it definitely isn’t the worst, although I didn’t care much for Dobby’s theme.

Posted by izziewitch on November 19, 2010, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

@izziewitch Ah well I’m glad his score appealed to some people. Hooper is my personal favourite of the Harry Potter lot :). I like Patrick Doyle’s score for Calendar Girls and love the music in A Little Princess, but he just turned on the cheese in GoF. When Dumbledore unveils the Triwizard Cup it makes me cringe a little. I do like his variation on Hedwig’s theme, but it’s not used very much. Also the opening score is basically Spider Man. So I’m afraid for me he’s the worst of the bunch. Desplat doesn’t do it for me either, except for some of the more exotic sounding themes.

Posted by nellythemarrow on November 19, 2010, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

@nellythemarrow, two of Doyle’s pieces get to me every time: the Hogwarts hymn at the end (with the credits in the film) and the ending of the graveyard scene,when harry’s parents appear—he just does such a beautiful job with the strings at that point. I think Desplat’s okay, not wonderful, I do like some of his dissonance, ie in Bathilda’s snake scene (reminded me ominously of Psycho!) and the Sky Battle.

Posted by izziewitch on November 19, 2010, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

I like this soundtrack, its really good :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 19, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

the soundtrack was perfect for this movie. Desplat did great work.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 19, 2010, 11:55 PM report to moderator
China-aboutuk-300x400-sword_thumb

I agree with Mai and Sindi, I thought this soundtrack was one of the best!

Posted by Nimbus-X >---ROAR---> on November 20, 2010, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I liked it, rather to my surprise. I felt he’d carried on in a similar style to Nicholas Hooper’s Half-Blood Prince soundtrack, which is my favourite.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 21, 2010, 04:03 AM report to moderator

I honestly don’t remember any of the music from the film at all.

Posted by 719gh47 on November 21, 2010, 04:22 PM report to moderator
58625_155383194474070_100000071723774_451885_7386530_n_thumb

Great soundtrack, downloaded it before the midnight showing and heard it the whole time i was waiting Awesome movie! awesome soundtrack! :]

Posted by CrucioImperioAvadaKedavra on November 21, 2010, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Leaky1_thumb

Oooh yay!! Kind of wish, too, that the Nick Cave song was on it as an extra :p

Posted by luvmeHBprince on November 21, 2010, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Icondude_thumb

Desplat’s work is okay. I’ve never seen the appeal of Hooper, though. His compositions may fit what is on screen (although there are some glaring misfires), but on a technical level he fails to impress me. There is just nothing interesting going on; sometimes counterpoint is blatantly absent. And his work always leaves me feeling cold.

Posted by starlesswinter on November 22, 2010, 03:22 AM report to moderator

"Don't you think it's a bit obvious you've made these up?" said Hermione.[br]"How dare you!" said Ron, in mock outrage. "We've been working like house-elves down here!"[br]Hermione raised her eyebrows.[br]"It's just an expression," said Ron hastily.