Photos, Interview Quotes and Video from Emma Watson's Marie Claire Cover Photoshoot

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
November 05, 2010, 02:57 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) is on the cover of the December 2010 issue of Marie Claire (US) and we now have some brand new photos from the actress' cover shoot in the Leaky Galleries. The magazine's website has additionally posted an extract from its interview with Emma, as well as a number of video clips and has compiled a Style Evolution Over the Years. The actress spoke about finding her feet in her first year at Brown University:

"I found a great group of girlfriends, and now that I know how things work and what the professors expect, I'm really excited about going back for my second year, because I feel this time I can relax and enjoy it."
Watson is deeply grateful for the way she's been treated by her peers. "Brown has a real sense of community, and people are very protective of me," she said. "They really look out for me; they want me to feel like I'm part of it. I threw my 20th birthday party at Brown, and I didn't even have to say to anyone not to put pictures on Facebook. Not a single picture went up. That was when I knew I'd found a solid group of friends, and I felt like I belonged."

Watson said she "gave everything she could" in her role as Hermione Granger and talked about how she really discovered her passion for performing by a poetry recital competition."I loved finding out the real meaning of all the words, and how I could say them, and what I could do with my voice, and how I could get the audience to hang on my every word," she explained. "I just got really into it." More quotage:

But her decision to go after the role was as audacious as her chances were unlikely, given her lack of acting experience. Even as a 9-year-old, however, Watson manifested a near-obsessive commitment to her goal. "I started working on the audition at 9 in the morning and didn't stop until 5 in the evening," she recalled. "The tape was just me doing the same thing hundreds of times over, until I got it exactly right. I was just amazed at my stamina. The grown-ups said, 'We had to stop you; you wanted to keep going.' I've always been like that; I give 100 percent. I can't do it any other way."
You can see the images from the cover photoshoot here and find the videos, full extract and more on the Marie Claire website at this link. The issue will be on newsstands on the 16th of November.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

amazing photoshoot! the best one of the new shoots with Emma! I love every single photo! + and her haircut looks awesome too!

Posted by Pollytomat on November 05, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

Aww I´m glad Emma enjoys her university!:) And that she has found some great new friends too!:)
And I wish her good luck with everything!:)

Posted by jessyginny on November 05, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

These pictures are lovely! She looks so much older than that little bushy-haired girl in Sorcerer’s Stone. I’m glad she is able to have a normal college experience.

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 05, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

I read this on the Glamour site, I’m SO glad she has a good group of friends. Also love this pic posted. I’m digging her Twiggy look. Looks like i’ll be buying the Dec Glamour and British Vogue!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on November 05, 2010, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Well Emma does seem like that determined girl.That would explain her sucess……….She’ll probably do great things in the near future…..
At least she has great friends. Stars like her lose their privacy due to their friends. Luckily she doesn’t have friends like those.

Wand_thumb

Thats awesome that she is enjoying university!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 05, 2010, 04:24 PM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

I just love Emma what a great role model, I know what she means by saying thats just who she is by always trying to give one hundred percent because im exactly like that. I am so glad that she has found happiness at Brown she truely deserves it. Emma, Dan and Rupert always give one hundred and ten percent to every movie!!!!

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on November 05, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
2210914439_0d3dce74f0_o_thumb

Hopefully her friends stay close to her! Or else, everyone on Leaky will avada kedavra them. Haha.
Anyway— great photoshoot! Hopefully Rupert can do something like that XD

Posted by ctgryffindor on November 05, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

Cool photo shoot! Its really cool to see that she has a great group of friends too!

Posted by ::Elfie:: on November 05, 2010, 05:22 PM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

Amazing pics!!

Posted by CDR on November 05, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Glad to here that everything is going good with her :D
love the pictures, she looks gorgeous!
love the hair cut, she looks more her age, more sophisticated, i like it :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 05, 2010, 06:12 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

Amazing piccs i am so glad she can now have a semi normal life.

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on November 05, 2010, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Iconator_591ba85c90d09b49387e1b517e5df72b_thumb

I love how she enjoy University!
Great photoshoot, beautiful as always! and… I <3 her hair!!!!!

Posted by Safiri Peverell [ROAR!!] on November 05, 2010, 06:35 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Lovely photos. Emma is so beautiful inside and out. Even though i’m two years older than her, she’s a real role model to me. I got Vogue today (Emma’s on the cover, and she looks gorgeous!) i should have got this aswell, damn!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on November 05, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

Lovely photos!! Emma is such a great photo! Glad shes loving school in the states! The hair is starting to grow on me!

Posted by Beckster235 on November 05, 2010, 08:12 PM report to moderator

"You mean you're [i]running away[/i]?" said Harry disbelievingly. "After all that stuff you did in your books --"[br]"Books can be misleading," said Lockhart delicately.[br]"You wrote them!" Harry shouted.