Reports: Alexandre Desplat Returning to Score "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 07, 2010, 02:27 PM

Reports have come online regarding the choice of composer for the second part of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  Filmonic.com is spotted a curious note in the "Deathly Hallows" website which seems to reveal that Alexandre Desplat will stay on board for the second film, and compose the "Deathly Hallows: Part II" soundtrack. The site notes:

Warner Bros. has yet to officially announce the composer for Part 2, but the official Deathly Hallows website mentions on Desplat’s bio page that he “next starts work on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, the conclusion of the Harry Potter franchise.”
While this is an interesting note indeed, we have yet to recieve official word on whether Mr. Desplat will compose "DH: II" from WB.  Stay close to Leaky for the latest.

Thanks to MN for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I’m dissapointed, but I think most of my satisfaction during this movie will hinge on their treatment of the character deaths and the final battle between Harry and Voldemort rather than the music. Still, it’s sad. It would have been one more layer of awesome. I hope we hear “Hedwig’s theme” though, that is my favorite part of the score from all the movies.

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 07, 2010, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Normal_110616091247448843_thumb

I don’ t know why people keep saying Desplat doing the soundtrack for DH2 is a rumor…the WB has it on it’s own site. His music for this movie is amazing and I’m sure he’ll do the same for the final part. You should hear the complete soundtrack, not just the samples before passing judgment.

Posted by brattyc on November 07, 2010, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Hes ok

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 07, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
L_5026d562d71364af831a80587a64c7da_thumb

Exactly… What happened to John Williams???!

Posted by Nicole on November 07, 2010, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I wanted John Williams!!

Posted by Katie_Lily on November 07, 2010, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Oh NOOO!!!
I mean he isnt bad, hes really good, but i was looking forward to John Williams scoring the final movie… :\
Dang, lets hope there is a mistake…

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 07, 2010, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Noooo!!!! I’m sure Desplat is a wonderful composer but I wanted John Williams for Part II. I think it would be an amazing way to end the series. To me, the samples from the soundtrack of Part I didn’t sound very Harry Potter-ish… I dunno, maybe it was just me.

Posted by da_member0808 on November 07, 2010, 10:50 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I also thought Williams had signed on – bummer

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on November 07, 2010, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I was lucky enough to see the film yesterday, and the music was absolutely perfect for it, as brattyc says you really can’t pass judgment when you haven’t heard it all. The actors’ performances were brilliant, the film had all the elements it should, humerous, scary, tense, unsettling, moving and heartbreaking, just look forward to the films.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on November 08, 2010, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_hermione_thumb

we want back williams! : (

Posted by seamus_ofcourse(*ROAR*) on November 08, 2010, 03:20 AM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-11-18_at_10

Noooo! John Williams needs to come back!

Posted by ClaireElizabeth on November 08, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! starts crying WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US??????? WE WANT JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!! I know you have heard it from millions of HP fans by now and U have been one of them before but here it goes again; WARNER BROTHERS YOU SUCK AND WE HATE YOU!!!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on November 08, 2010, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US??? WE WANT JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!! I know you have heard it from millions of HP fans by now and I have been one of them before but here it goes again; WARNER BROTHERS YOU SUCK AND WE HATE YOU!!!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on November 08, 2010, 10:37 AM report to moderator

I guess I’ll just wait for official WB news =/

Posted by honigmuffin on November 08, 2010, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I’d so been hoping for John Williams!! Let’s just hope Desplat’s music will be touched by the magic of Hogwarts.

Posted by Agrippa1 on November 08, 2010, 11:01 AM report to moderator

Hermione was checking Harry and Ron's Charms homework for them. She would never let them copy ("How will you [br]learn?"), but by asking her to read it through, they got the right answers anyway.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014