Warner Bros. Announces Leavesden Studios Plans and Potter Set Tours in 2012

Warner Bros.
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 08, 2010, 03:24 PM

Warner Bros. have revealed their plans to redevelop Leavesden Studios into a "state-of-the-art filmmaking hub" and provide fans with behind-the-scenes tours of the Harry Potter sets.

Leavesden Studios which is located in Hertfordshire, England, has been home to the Harry Potter films for the past decade.

As part of the renovations, two new soundstages will be built to hold sets used in the Harry Potter films as well as numerous other film memorabilia. The behind-the-scenes tours of these soundstages are tentatively scheduled to begin around Easter 2012.

Early concept art of the new Leavesden can be seen at Empire Online.

Barry Meyer, Warner Bros. chairman and CEO expressed his excitement over the new project, saying:

"Our multi-million pound investment in creating a state-of-the-art, permanent UK film production base further demonstrates our long-term commitment to the skills and creativity of the UK film industry."
The project is expected to cost £100m, and will provide 300 new jobs in the filmmaking industry. In the past, Leavesden has also been used to film scenes from "The Dark Knight" and "Inception," both also Warner Bros. films.

Thanks, Tracy, for the news!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Warner Bros. News

Capture10_thumb

i saw this earlier on mugglenet :) my friend and i are already planning a trip to go in the summer of 2012

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on November 08, 2010, 03:38 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

Omg :O. I need to go to this.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 08, 2010, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

omg i am like 2 hours away from this. i am actually going to live there !!!!!

Posted by spiritbound on November 08, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator

Film making hub sounds interesting – could more films be on the way?

Posted by Dumblebridge on November 08, 2010, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Logog_thumb

this is a very interesting concept. it could turn the sets of harry potter into a working museum for people to visit, carrying on the harry potter films into the future even though now more will be made (unless Rowling publishes another book). it would definately be interesting to visit the site.

Posted by HasrionaOrganisation on November 08, 2010, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds great! I mean we’re all close to a recession, more jobs sounds really great!

Harry_hermione_thumb

nice thing! ( :

Posted by seamus_ofcourse(*ROAR*) on November 08, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

my father goes to london every 3 weeks for his work this is the perfect reason why we should go yes.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on November 08, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

Avcj_thumb

If they get this opened on time, they would catch all the London Olympic tourists, which would be brilliant on their part. And on a personal note… I can’t wait to visit!

Posted by Princess Leia on November 08, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

That’s great! :D
I couldn’t imagine them bringing down the set, so this is great to hear :D
Hope I get to see it some day __

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 08, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

I would love to work in their museum. Anyone know if they’re looking for Collections Techs, Exhibit Designers or a Curator?

Posted by jillians642 on November 08, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Awesome :-D

I read this on Empire’s site and just new everyone here would be interested in the news. I think it’s a fantastic idea for so many reasons. Firstly, it’s such a boost for the UK film industry considering the UK Film Council was just closed down, and it’s reassuring to know that a company as big as WB still want to work over here. Secondly, it’s good that it’ll provide so many jobs in such a hard time for employment.

And, of course, it’s fantastic that there’ll always be some of the Harry Potter sets still standing. I definitely intend to visit.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on November 08, 2010, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Molly_weasley_thumb

OMG! I plan on moving to the UK, so even though I’ll be moving away from from the theme park, this is so much better!!! I can’t wait to see this! I think most people are going to be astounded to the magnitude and detail that really went into these sets. This (the books moreso than the movies, but still…) is an important piece of our history now and I’m glad WB decided to keep it in tact.

Posted by ~*Prof.*Rose*Weasley*~{ROAR!!!} on November 08, 2010, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

1 Word: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and mum dad we are moving to the UK!)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 08, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator

[i]"Record numbers of stranded holidaymakers fill airports as the Spanish baggage-handlers' strike reaches its second week --"[/i][br]"Give 'em a lifelong siesta, I would," snarled Uncle Vernon over the end of the newsreader's sentence...