Expelliarmus! Leakypedia Page of the Day

Books
Posted by: John
December 16, 2010, 04:00 AM

Hey everyone! Great work again yesterday on the past few Leakypedia Posts of the day! Many more of you received 75 MyLeaky points for your great contributions. If you want to get in on the Wiki action, today's Leakypedia Page of the Day is for the Expelliarmus Charm.

Please note that we are not looking for people to copy and paste from any other Harry Potter wiki's or anywhere else. Please also be sure to source your Canon contributions from the books as outlined in our Leakypedia rules.

Have fun everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Capture10_thumb

haha, thats one of my favorite spells! :D

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on December 16, 2010, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yay! Love Expelliarmus!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 16, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
London_028_thumb

I’ve been a big fan of Leaky since 2001 but this is a bit strange to count as ‘news’. I’m afraid that if you can’t cope till the final movie comes out I shudder to think what the posts will be like post-dhp2.

Posted by Cian on December 16, 2010, 07:09 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

I hope to contribute something soon :)

Posted by Darth Mary on December 16, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator
250px-hufflepuff_thumb

Ah Expelliarmus. It loved that Harry used this spell on Voldemort to vanquish him, and even better that John called it without quite realizing it. Also, I am becoming extremely addicted to updating the Leakypedia, this may be a problem. Good thing my vacation time starts Tuesday!

Posted by Tami on December 16, 2010, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

To the Leakypedia staffers:

You say that contributors should “source your Canon contributions… as outlined in our Leakypedia rules” – but I read the link you provided to those Leakypedia rules, and I don’t see anywhere that it talks about providing sources. What am I missing?

Posted by Bandersnatch on December 16, 2010, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I find it very interesting that Harry learned his ‘signature spell’ from Snape. He actually mentions this to Lockhart in the Chamber of Secrets: something like ‘You shouldn’t have let Snape teach us that one’. The duelling club looks like rollicking comic relief at the time, but it contains seeds of so many important plot points to come!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 17, 2010, 02:06 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

My Fav. Ill try to add in more stuff

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on December 17, 2010, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

It’s not news, it’s an article. :) Not all articles are hard news. We will continue to update the page with fun stuff and features, because that’s, well, fun. :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on December 17, 2010, 08:00 AM report to moderator

It is a spell used for two essentional reasons. One when aimed at anothers wand it knocks the wand out of a persons hand. When you put it to full blast it can knock a person off their feet when aimed at a persons chest. Snape in the hausted mansion. It was called Harrys signiture spell. In the end he used it to distroy Voldemort. The spell helped the killing curse bounce back to Voldemort thus killing him.

Horas1

Posted by horas1 on December 17, 2010, 06:51 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Cian, I think Leaky just wants to build up its Leakypedia page step by step, logically this seems the best way to do it… except there’s probably alot of people like me who don’t have the time to update it

Posted by KiwiMcI on December 21, 2010, 06:29 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Sounds fun to contribute!

Posted by potternotrotter on February 05, 2011, 01:17 AM report to moderator
Robi_thumb

Hi all, wonderful opportunity to start my cauldron activity with this interesting “signature” spell-I’m quite new. This isa very characteristic spell for a guy like Harry: unlike Voldemort, whom is not a really beloved person
Harry is still trying to unarm his enemies and not kill them! He is a good person!

Posted by Marzapta DeNafkha on February 10, 2011, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Agnes_thumb

hmm.. who knew it could defeat a killing curse… cool…

Posted by ariadne_29 on March 11, 2011, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Picnik_collage_simple_thumb

Thats my second fav next to the killing curse.

"It is my understanding that my predecessor not only performed illegal curses in front of you, he actually performed them [i]on[/i] you --"[br]"Well, he turned out to be a maniac, didn't he?" said Dean Thomas hotly. "Mind you, we still learned loads --"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014