First Picture of Emma Watson From New Film "My Week With Marilyn"

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
December 09, 2010, 08:34 PM

The first picture of Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) from the film "My Week With Marilyn" has appeared on the Daily Mail website. As we told you back in September, Watson will star as Lucy, an wardrobe assistant at Pinewood studios in 1956. You can find the image here in the Leaky galleries.

American film producer, film studio chairman and co-founder of Miramax Harvey Weinstein is quoted in the Daily Mail article as saying of Watson:

For ten years she has been this schoolgirl in the Harry Potter films and now you see her as a woman for the first time. She has an elegance about her - she looks like Jean Shrimpton! - plus she has a gift for comedy and drama, and we're just starting to see her range. I feel we're going to work together a lot in the future.
"My Week With Marilyn" is directed by Simon Curtis and also stars Gilderoy Lockhart actor Kenneth Branagh. The film is slated for a 2011 release. Stay close to Leaky for more on Emma's role in "My Week With Marilyn"!

In related news, the actress updated her official Twitter twice today with the following tweets:
Thanks for all the good luck messages! One exam today, then one on Saturday. Not long to go now... Is everyone ready for Christmas?x
I have had enough of revision - it's Christmas! Two more days to go... x
Check out Emma's Twitter account at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

I love her hair! She looks really pretty.

Posted by Cat de la Creme on December 10, 2010, 01:50 PM report to moderator

supercutey great look, I see they have made her wear a 50’s style bra too lol, goes with the look well, hair is amazing, seems Em can wear any style of hair and still look stunning, cool

Posted by DavidTheUnready on December 10, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator

luv the hair cant w8

Posted by pmakh on December 10, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I can’t wait to see this movie!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 10, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
20121227075238822000_thumb

she looks so grown up! ITs awesome!

Posted by MossHorpione on December 10, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

She looks adorable :D Cant wait to see her play this role :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on December 10, 2010, 03:39 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

Omg, the boobs. They’re insane XD
Poor women in the fifties.
Can’t wait to see this, though :)

Posted by Darth Mary on December 10, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator

she looks awesome! so much mature! but those look fake;) i think thats the point right?

Posted by Winkyxx on December 10, 2010, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Lunafavepic2_thumb

She must have to wear a wig for that role. She looks so cute!

Posted by lunafav123 ❤❀ on December 10, 2010, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Aw, she looks so gorgeous! Definitely looks like a woman from the ’50’s. I have NO idea what this movie is about, but I want to see it. All because of Emma! XD

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on December 10, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

See looks so cute!

Posted by Jacket on December 10, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
1small_thumb

Really terrible fake boobs, but can’t wait to see more films from the trio :)

Posted by Nomey. on December 11, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Pict0434_thumb

Her hair looks so cute! I think the best 2 hairstyles on her are long hair and the in-the-middle hairstyle she has now. I like the short hair but it’s not my favorite.

Posted by magichik on December 11, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator

I want to see this movie. I like her hair! She said that when she got the pixie cut, it was a sybol to mean she has grown up and now that Harry potter is over, she wanted a change

Posted by harrypotter = life ! on December 11, 2010, 10:30 AM report to moderator

she looks so prettty !

Posted by DancewithaGinger on December 11, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator

"You'll meet the same sticky end as your parents one of these days, Harry Potter," he said softly. "They were meddlesome fools, too."