New Details Emerge About Wizarding World Park, Rides, and More

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 18, 2010, 08:14 PM

Update: We received word from Universal Orlando this morning regarding information posted in the Ledger article; comments made in the report about alcoholic forms of butterbeer are inaccurate.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will not be serving alcoholic butterbeer at the park.

There is an article online this evening from The Ledger which reports on a recent meeting for Central Florida Vacation Property Managers Association which relates some new information about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resorts.  According to the Ledger, a sales coordinator from Universal spoke with the association, which represents "short-term vacation homes in Central Florida," and revealed details about the "family friendly" Flight of the Hippogriff roller coaster, the various shops around the park, and much more.  Quoteage:
There will be shops as well, like Honeydukes, a candy store that will sell, among other things, chocolate frogs and Treacle Fudge. Dervish & Banges is a toy store that will sell, not surprisingly, broomsticks among the many selections.  "Ninety-five percent of them are completely unique products,” Holt said. “You will not be able to buy them anywhere else."
There's a Frog Choir that will perform five times day, Holt said, adding, "This is very top secret, so you're the first one's to hear about it."
The article goes on to say that the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey will be the "largest ride," and quoting the sales coordinator, Sarah Holt, as saying, "You'll go on this great journey specifically designed for this part of the park.  It's ground-breaking, state of the art technology that will even surpass the Spiderman ride. If you've been on Spiderman, you know that's pretty big."

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated for an opening in the Spring of 2010.

Thanks to UHP for mailing.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I want to try butterbeer to bad they weren’t selling them in stores

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 18, 2010, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Threefriends_thumb

Frog choir!?! Hilarious. I wonder if they will sell Firewhiskey. :)

Posted by ProfessorCharms [ROAR] on February 18, 2010, 11:00 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

ready to hit the submit button!

Posted by sidnandragin on February 18, 2010, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

95% Unique? There goes all my money…

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on February 18, 2010, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Can’t wait to try those butterbeers!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on February 19, 2010, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

lol I can’t wait for alcoholic butterbeer. Cheers!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on February 19, 2010, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

WOW. i NEED 2 go there….

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 19, 2010, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Harry_hermione_thumb

OMG! I wanna drink a lot of ButterBeer! :D And of course the alcholic one! ;)

Posted by seamus_ofcourse(*ROAR*) on February 19, 2010, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Yes!! By the time I go I’ll be able to get the alcholic Butterbeer! Ooh Firewhisky would be cool too. :) The Frog Choir seems a bit odd to have but heck lets have it, the more the merrier. I already know the the Forbidden Journey ride is going to be my favorite!! Yes I’m saying it again…I CAN’T WAIT TO GO!! It going to be so awsome!!!!

Posted by LunaLuver on February 19, 2010, 03:02 AM report to moderator

This makes me sad… :’’< I really want to go there, but I live in Finland…. Maybe some day… ://

Posted by Mairéad on February 19, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I won’t have the money to go when they open but I hope to save up to go. I love the Frog Choir and non-alcoholic Butter Beer – I don’t drink. I hope they still have the Frog Choir when I’m able to go. I love the idea of practically everything being new. I’ll also have to save for that as well. I definitely want the nimbus 2000. I wonder how much their brooms will cost and will they be life sized – I hope so. WOW! I think I’m having a “cheesy” moment.

Posted by molly43 on February 19, 2010, 04:04 AM report to moderator

what the hell am i going to do if I live to the half part of the world away from it… I really am so excited to be there but i know it won’t happen till i graduate and buy my own tickets to go there……..oh!!! Merlin’s pants…that’ll be 15 years to go…

Posted by ***ROAR***elysssagranger****HPDH**** on February 19, 2010, 04:36 AM report to moderator

@Chrysanthe i really do understand you…..i live in the Philippines…for heaven’s sake…

Posted by ***ROAR***elysssagranger****HPDH**** on February 19, 2010, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

So basically, you’ll need to be out of your butt rich in order to not leave feeling sick to your stomach because you didn’t get to try/taste/buy everything? A bit sad, that, but… Time to win the lottery! Cus I want it all! :P LOL

Posted by Kissa on February 19, 2010, 05:09 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Can’t wait to stumble around the park, drunk on Butterbeer!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on February 19, 2010, 08:14 AM report to moderator

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" said the girl. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014