"Half-Blood Prince" Nominated for Best Cinematography Oscar

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
February 02, 2010, 10:26 AM

Early this morning in Los Angeles, the 82nd Annual Academy Award nominations were announced, and the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film received a nod for Best Cinematography.  The sixth Potter film was nominated along side such other films in this category as "Avatar," "The Hurt Locker," "Inglourious Basterds," and "The White Ribbon."

The telecast o the 82nd Academy Awards will be broadcast live Sunday, March 7th starting at 8pm EST on ABC.

Congratulations to all at HBP!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Wand_thumb

Congrats HBP!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 03, 2010, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Congratulations to the film for being nominated! Delbonnel did a fantastic job with regard to the cinematography for the movie, for which work he certainly does deserve to be recognized.

Posted by Kirk on February 03, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

If Avatar wins more than 5, I’m gonna… strangle a kneazle. Or something.

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on February 03, 2010, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

I went straight the the Visual Effects category because that’s the only category I heard HBP was in the running for. I was a bit sad that HBP didn’t get in the top 3 (I thought there was a slim chance they would anyway), but then I found out the got into Best Cinematography! Made my day…anyway congrats and good luck!

Posted by Scarlette on February 03, 2010, 11:20 AM report to moderator

Go HBP! The cinematography WAS amazing…luck! I have my fingers crossed.

Posted by lovemarauders_11 on February 03, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator

Go HBP! The cinematography WAS amazing…luck! I have my fingers crossed.

Posted by lovemarauders_11 on February 03, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator

Go HBP! The cinematography WAS amazing…luck! I have my fingers crossed.

Posted by lovemarauders_11 on February 03, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Yay!!!! Unfortunately Avatar will win :(

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on February 03, 2010, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

I thought HBP was gorgeous, but, unfortunately, Avatar is the obvious victor. :(

Posted by penguin_freak on February 03, 2010, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

It would be nice to see HBP win, but with the competition they have I don’t think they will. Hopefully the last film will be a clean sweep with the awards shows & get to take away some accolades.

Posted by Bara on February 03, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Congratulations Half-Blood Prince!

Really hope they win!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 03, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Photo_8_thumb

YES! I hope it wins!!

Posted by Rose Lane (roar!) on February 03, 2010, 03:56 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

Well if Taylor can win best album at the Grammy’s, Avatar will surely win this one! lol. Good luck tho

Posted by PaintTheSky on February 03, 2010, 04:44 PM report to moderator
May12003_thumb

and if u want to play along wth the oscar broadcast, goto abc.com, click the oscars,goto the extra’s page, where right now you can submit a ballot for winners, and each day leadng up to the oscars play there triiva challenge, and then the night of the oscars, about 30 minutes prior to the broadcast, there interactive oscar experinece will begin, it will be pick winners,trivia and polls, and i have done it in previou years, under abc’s enhanced tv baner, and i can tell you the telecast flies by, and it’s fun as well

Posted by potterball on February 03, 2010, 05:38 PM report to moderator

Have faith! HBP will win!

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on February 03, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Keep going!" said Harry sharply, because Ginny showed signs of wanting to stop and watch the egg's progress back into a bird.[br]"You dawdled enough by that old arch!" she said crossly, but followed him past the bell jar to the only door behind it.