"Deathly Hallows" Split Rumors: Malfoy Manor Sequence to be in Part Two?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 24, 2010, 12:26 AM

As a follow up to our report earlier today, actress Helena Bonham Carter has given further detail about her turn as Hermione Granger playing Bellatrix Lestrage in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  A new interview from MTV has appeared online in which the actress comments on the placement of the Malfoy Manor sequence in the final films, relating that her appearance comes in Part Two.  MTV reports:

The scene itself falls near the middle of the "Deathly Hallows" novel — but Bonham Carter's next statement might shed some important light on where the books will be split, a point on which the "Potter" crew have been elusive.
"I can't remember where they are going to cut," she explained, then remembered. "Yeah, [the scene is] definitely in the second one, because all of my stuff is in the second one. So you won't see me until 2011."
The report continues with additional quotes from Ms. Bonham Carter about her experience playing Hermione acting as Bellatrix during the Gringotts Break In sequence, as well as the reasoning behind this decision.  Quoteage:
After J.K. Rowling wrote the scene in the final "Potter" book, the film series' producers were faced with a difficult question: Was it preferable to use makeup and CGI to make Watson look like Bonham Carter, or have the older actress act like the younger?
"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.  "It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."
A clip of the interview is available to watch here.  To date, no official word has been released regarding where exactly the two "Deathly Hallows" films will be split.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I am seriously getting hyper right now! I cannot wait till the Deathly Hallows come out! ARGH!

Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Cool that we see that clue!! I upset Helena won’t be in part 1!!! :( She is one of my favorite in the film!!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on February 24, 2010, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

As long as they spend a LOT of time on everything at Hogwarts at the end!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 24, 2010, 07:38 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

I find it alarming that Ms. Carter says she won’t be in DH1! Bella plays a part in the opening scene of the book with Voldemort when they’re all talking around the table! Why cut her out? She had lines in that scene!

Posted by PensievePlotter on February 24, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
12-harry-potter_thumb

Shes a such a great actress it won’t be hard for her to act like hermione. But it will be great to watch!!

Posted by *Xanthe***ROAR*** on February 24, 2010, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_poster_3_thumb

I’m am so certain where they’re going to split that I’d be willing to bet money on it. The best part to make the split at is right when Harry jumps into the pond to fetch the sword. The locket in an attempt to stop him strangles him and drags him down, and as he is falling deeper and deeper into the black the credits will roll. It’s always best to end with a cliffhanger. of course we all know what happens next, but being in the industry myself and having worked with numerous filmmakers I’m betting they’ll go with this most dramatic moment. If not my second guess is that they’ll wait long enough for Ron to rescue Harry at the crucial moment before he drowns and end the first part with Ron’s dramatic, triumphant, and most welcome return.

Posted by MalfoyDiva on February 24, 2010, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

while I think it entirely possible to end with the snatchers, it’s probably still up in the air. helena’s awesome, but David yates and Mark Day probably know better of the split. I’m surprised she won’t be in the dark lord ascending scene- they’ve cast charity burbage, I hope they don’t cut it. I think it’s a little funny that they would even consider the make-up route with polyjuice- I mean I really don’t think they even did. that’s like having David Tennant dressed up like Brendan Gleason for all of GoF. Silliness.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on February 24, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_poster_3_thumb

You know IMDB has Helena listed as one of the characters in Part one of Deathly Hallows and it makes me wonder if she simply misspoke or forgot about the Dark Lord Ascending scene. Have they even filmed that scene yet? Anyway like most of you I find it a lame idea to think that the filmmakers would cut the scene or leave Bellatrix out of it. I certainly hope they don’t.

Posted by MalfoyDiva on February 24, 2010, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Guys, just because she said she thinks all her scenes are in Part 2, doesn’t mean she won’t have a cameo early in Part 1. She was answering questions off the top of her head.

Posted by mollywobble on February 24, 2010, 09:16 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I still think that they could end it after the silver doe cause…it gets the trio back together which makes for a good ending. If they move the lovegood’s house before the silver doe then you get the deathly hallow reference (since its in the title) and Ron is not needed for that seen anyway. Just my opinion

Posted by carebie on February 24, 2010, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Thats the perfect place to split it after the snatchers. Its leaves you at a cliffhanger and starting at Malfoy Manor in part two will be so cool!

Posted by LunaLuver on February 24, 2010, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Bellatrix will be seen in part one because she along with the rest of the Malfoys are in the first chapter. As is Snape of course.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 24, 2010, 10:27 PM report to moderator

I am so excited about the next movies. My husband got to see a red capret permier of Avatar in the middle east for the troups and Sigourney Weaver was there and I told him I wanted to be there when Harry Potter came out! I wish there was more info and trailers I am going insane trying to find new info on it.

Posted by violetpup on February 24, 2010, 11:21 PM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

Both movies start at the Malfoy Manor, with Vol… in both first scenes.

Posted by Madeye Carl on February 24, 2010, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

I think she just misspoke about being in Part 1. There was a tweet from Tom Felton that said he was on set with her and his parents and Voldemort filming scenes and i think that is most likely the scene at the beginning of the film unless Voldemort is there when the trio is captured which i think unlikely.

We know that Ron is at the Lovegood’s house. We have seen photos of it. We know that all of those scenes happen on one very long day. The trio go to the Lovegoods, they are chased by the snatchers, captured and taken to Malfoy Manor, they escape and disapparate to Shell Cottage, bury Dobby, and then go talk to Ollivander and Griphook. That is all one very long day in the film and the split will be sometime during this very long day. That is not in doubt.

The doubt is exactly where the split will be. All the evidence as of now points to after the trio is captured, but before they escape Malfoy Manor. I think the best split we can hope for is the trio captured disapparate to outside Malfoy Manor and then we flash to Voldemort gaining the elder wand. The end. I hope that it ends with Voldemort.

I am still just hoping beyond hoping that the film does not end with the boys locked in the cellar while Hermione screams through the floor. No thanks, for goodness sake, no thanks.

Posted by decarus on February 24, 2010, 11:24 PM report to moderator

"I'm -- er -- not supposed ter do magic, strictly speakin'."