Helping Haiti Heal Donates $123,754.41 to Partners in Health; Gift Recipients Announced March 2nd

Charity
Posted by: Edward
February 26, 2010, 07:22 PM

This Tuesday, March 2nd, the recipients of the thank you gifts for Helping Haiti Heal will be announced live on LiveStream at 8:30pm EST.  The effort, which raised a grand total of $123,754.41 for Partners in Health, has now made it possible for three cargo planes named Harry, Ron, and Hermione filled with literal tons of relief supplies to be flown to Haiti.  This past week, HPA's Andrew Slack presented the check for  $123,754.41 for Partners in Health, a charitable organization which has been working on the ground in the nation for the past twenty years.

Some of the over 200 donated thank you gifts include a full UK set of seven signed Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling, along with a handwritten card from the author; a signed guitar from Harry Potter actor Tom Felton's personal collection; Harry Potter book signed by the Harry Potter cast courtesy of actress Evanna Lynch; signed books from authors Sir Terry Pratchett,  Neil Gaiman, John Green, and Maureen Johnson; and so much more.

Join us on the Say AHA LiveStream channel this Tuesday, March 2nd, at 8:30pm EST to see if you are the lucky recipient of the item you put your money towards.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Yes! I can’t believe we raised that much! I have never been so proud of the Harry Potter fandom! We rock!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 27, 2010, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

It’s great that they were able to donate such a large amount of money to help Haiti. The HP community did a great job to help out.

Posted by leigia on February 28, 2010, 05:34 AM report to moderator
Zomg_yay__thumb

once again, I’m so glad hearing they went above and beyond their intended goal, and that the much-needed cargo is finally going to arrive to the stricken country. also, even though i know they paid good money for it, i am so jealous of the person who gets tom’s guitar. Merlin, I’d go to heaven just touching it :D

Posted by drarry.girl on February 28, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

Wow. Great thank you gifts! I hope this continue to inspire people to help this and many more causes worth mobilizing for. Congrats Leaky for helping!

Posted by Madam Snape on February 28, 2010, 10:41 PM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

I’m so proud of all of us who participated!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on March 01, 2010, 08:05 AM report to moderator

I don’t have a hope to get any of the items I put in for. I’m just happy to have been apart of such an amazing effort.

Posted by KayWeasley on March 01, 2010, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Burn-in_2_thumb

I want to personally thank all those who donated for reaching out to help Haiti :)

Overall, awesome job.

Posted by Iamtherealme on March 02, 2010, 06:41 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’m so happy we were able to raise money for Haiti. I hope we can also do something to help those in Chile. I love this group I’m in.

Posted by molly43 on March 02, 2010, 10:55 PM report to moderator

They were now spending lesson after lesson learning how to look after flobberworms, which had to be some of the most boring creatures in existence.[br]"Why would anyone [i]bother[/i] looking after them?" said Ron, after yet another hour of poking shredded