Confirmed: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" to be Released in 3D

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 03, 2010, 01:29 PM

Word has come directly from WB today, that the first part of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film will be released in 3D come its arrival in theaters this November.   The release of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" will appear along side a standard 2D version in theaters as well.  This confirmation came after many rumors circulating around the internet about a possible 3D release for both films.  In a press release, WB noted, in part:
In making the announcement, Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, said, “We are experienced and have been successful in the conversion of 2D to 3D going back to such hits as ‘The Polar Express,’ select scenes in ‘Superman Returns’ and the last two Harry Potter films.”
Fellman continued, “We are confident in the constantly evolving 3D technology, and the results for ‘Clash of the Titans’ will be presented onscreen with the highest-quality images available today.  Based on our track record, we know that audiences are embracing the RealD and IMAX experiences, and we see many opportunities on our film slate to provide moviegoers with these great options at the multiplex.”
Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Picture Group, said, “We’re excited about 3D and look forward to bringing a rich, involving visual experience to audiences around the world.”
Additional titles on Warner Bros. Pictures’ 2010 film slate that will be released in 3D (in addition to 2D) include “Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” (July), “Guardians of Ga’Hoole” (September) and “Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows, Part 1” (November).
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hermione_thumb

@lolalu same goes to me. I wish I could watch it on IMAX but… this 3D thing will maybe ruin things… But anyway, I guess we can give it a shot, right? Watch it once on IMAX 3D and if it sucks, watch it next time on a regular theater. We all know we’ll be watching it more than once, right? Maybe 10 times for me will be enough…

Posted by Miroca on February 04, 2010, 06:28 AM report to moderator

part 2 was confirmed as well

Posted by hallowman on February 04, 2010, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Normal_radcliffe_posed_misc_010_thumb

I cant wait but it still seems like forever to wait…

Posted by DanFan190497 {ROAR!} on February 04, 2010, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Don_t_speak_thumb

I don’t like 3-d movies..so this doesn’t really make me happy… I’ll still probably end up watching it in just the regular format..so..whatever…I watched Avatar non 3-D and it was fine..so yeah.

Posted by srt2gryffndr on February 04, 2010, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cooooooooool. its gonna b awesome by itself, not 2 mention in 3d. i think im gonna hav 2 c it normal first couple of times, THEN 3d. just not 2 like die from the awesomeness of it all xD

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 04, 2010, 06:53 AM report to moderator
1757_100_100_thumb

I agree with the IMAX comment…we won’t be able to see IMAX in 2D. :( But hey, it’ll be fun anyway.

Posted by its_erik on February 04, 2010, 07:08 AM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

Wow! I wish I would see in 3D!

Posted by Liara on February 04, 2010, 07:14 AM report to moderator

it’s pretty exciting that it’s going to be in 3D. it would be nice to try it even if the whole being in 3D does not work out too well. it would be possible to experience the movie both ways.

Posted by gingerr_kat on February 04, 2010, 07:17 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

It’ll be cool,i’m getting more and more excited for these movies :D

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on February 04, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

Avatar was awesome in 3D if they can make it the same them im excited!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on February 04, 2010, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Lego-ron_thumb

Great. Sounds to me like Warners have no faith in their movie and think they need a new selling point to distract people from the script.

Anyway, it’s clearly a fad. By November no-one will care anymore, and they’ll quietly drop the idea.

Posted by The Cynic on February 04, 2010, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I’m so sorry!!! I’m really sorry! :( I didn’t mean to make that much posts! Sorry! :(

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 04, 2010, 08:20 AM report to moderator
007_thumb

can’t wait to see what it is like in 3D

Posted by kiansangel on February 04, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Well, I have said this before… But, at the risk of being redundant… I prefer 4-D…

Posted by Won_Two on February 04, 2010, 08:41 AM report to moderator

I liked Avatar in 3D… but that was shot with new 3D cameras James Cameron helped invent. Taking a movie that was shot in 2D and converting it will never be as good. I mean, think of the 7 Potters scene or the Gringott’s scene if it was filmed with the same cameras that were used in Avatar!!! Then I’d be excited.

In truth, I’ll probably see it in 2d first… and if the 3D reviews are good, see it again in 3D.

Posted by DumbledoresMan5769 on February 04, 2010, 08:42 AM report to moderator

Quite a few people screamed. A giant spider, six feet tall and covered in hair, was advancing on Ron, clicking its pincers menacingly. For a moment, Harry thought Ron had frozen. Then --[br][i]"Riddikulus!"[/i] bellowed Ron, and the spider's legs vanished