Confirmed: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" to be Released in 3D

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 03, 2010, 01:29 PM

Word has come directly from WB today, that the first part of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film will be released in 3D come its arrival in theaters this November.   The release of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" will appear along side a standard 2D version in theaters as well.  This confirmation came after many rumors circulating around the internet about a possible 3D release for both films.  In a press release, WB noted, in part:
In making the announcement, Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, said, “We are experienced and have been successful in the conversion of 2D to 3D going back to such hits as ‘The Polar Express,’ select scenes in ‘Superman Returns’ and the last two Harry Potter films.”
Fellman continued, “We are confident in the constantly evolving 3D technology, and the results for ‘Clash of the Titans’ will be presented onscreen with the highest-quality images available today.  Based on our track record, we know that audiences are embracing the RealD and IMAX experiences, and we see many opportunities on our film slate to provide moviegoers with these great options at the multiplex.”
Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Picture Group, said, “We’re excited about 3D and look forward to bringing a rich, involving visual experience to audiences around the world.”
Additional titles on Warner Bros. Pictures’ 2010 film slate that will be released in 3D (in addition to 2D) include “Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” (July), “Guardians of Ga’Hoole” (September) and “Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows, Part 1” (November).
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Edith___thumb

ITS TRUE!!!!! ITS REALLY TRUE!!! OMG!@!! MUST RUN AND SCREAM IT FROMM THE ROOFTOP NOW!!! GOOD BYE!!!

Pigfarts_thumb

I didn’t know it was even possible, but I’m even MORE excited for this movie! I hope it comes to my local theater in 3D.

Posted by Jenn [ROAR] on February 04, 2010, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

After seeing Avatar in 3D, I am convinced that any concerns about the use of this medium being detrimental to the overall quality of the film are baseless. If the film proves immersive enough, with a rich cast and plot, the use of 3D will vanish and prove secondary to the audience’s attention.

Posted by Kirk on February 04, 2010, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

BOYCOTT THE 3D! 3D is great for some things, but NOT HP! Not something based on a book with so much depth and plot. It’s just a gimmick, which gets in the way of the story. Maybe I’ll see it in 3D at some point out of curiosity, but I want to focus on the important stuff, and I want everyone else to appreciate the same. They have the theme park for thrill rides, and that’s separate, but I don’t want to be disturbed by that stuff while trying to concentrate on a work of literature turned film.

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on February 04, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

lol reaction: “WHAAAAAAT!” hahha i’m def watching it.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 04, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Photo_8_thumb

This is AWESOME!!! I so can NOT wait.

Posted by Rose Lane (roar!) on February 04, 2010, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

I’m so glad that in my country, they show it in 3D and in 2D no matter what the movie. I got so sick when I was watching Avatar. Maybe because it was of the horrible blue people, or the fact that I wear glasses.

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 04, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 04, 2010, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

YES! YES! YES!!!

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on February 04, 2010, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

It’d be so so so COOL!

Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

They’ll definitely make so much more money.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on February 04, 2010, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

(That should be good for WB.)

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on February 04, 2010, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Can’t see 3D, so will just watch the movie ala 2D.

Posted by leigia on February 04, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I think it’s cool it’ll be in 3D! They are smart for bringing it out in 2D too… I’ll see both versions!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 04, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator

Ron was pointing at the red envelope. It looked quite ordinary to Harry, but Ron and Neville were both looking at it as though they expected it to explode.[br]"What's the matter?" said Harry.[br]"She's -- she's sent me a Howler," said Ron faintly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014