J.K. Rowling to be Turned Into Special Edition Barbie Doll

Toys
Posted by: Rosi
February 03, 2010, 06:04 PM

A Sky News article reveals today that a one-of-a-kind J.K. Rowling Barbie doll will be showcased at the world's largest toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany, dressed in a "black wool suit and hot pink top combination." U.S. chat show host Oprah Winfrey, German prime minister Angela Merkel, 2009 U.S. Open winner Kim Clijsters and Swedish Crown Princess Victoria are among the other women to be turned into special edition Barbie dolls for their "role model" status, although the dolls will not go on general sale.

The senior vice president of Barbie International, Rosa Zeegers, commented on why these particular women were selected:

They are true models for girls of all ages, embodying the essence and values of Barbie.
Whether you are four years old or 70 years old, we all need aspirational role models in our lives.
The outfit chosen for the J.K. Rowling doll is based on her wardrobe choice for the 2009 Monsters and Critics Award Banquet.

Many thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Toys News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

So excited! I love barbies still. Though i prefer the 80’s/early 90’s look of them. I’ll add this one to a collection I have.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 06, 2010, 07:46 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

um ok…..

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 06, 2010, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

Sorry, but I’m just not a fan of Barbie. I just can’t understand the fascination with them. :(

Posted by Bara on February 06, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator

kinda weird.
i am sad that she agreed, cause if you agreed to getting your own barbie…that’s sad.
but, she’s still the greatest.
question: are there harry, hermione, ron, malfoy, ginny, etc. barbie dolls?

Posted by lunarules713 on February 06, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

well i think this is really cool, way to go jo!
i think the point is finally making a barbie doll into a real role model, which jo definitely is!

Posted by harrygetsme on February 06, 2010, 05:07 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

JKR has spoken to young girls about trying to maintain a barbie doll figure. She would be stearing young girls to aspire to being something more important than just another pretty face… but to follow their dreams. I say ….WAY TO GO JKR! I wish I could buy yours and Ophrah’s dolls. Sometimes I envision the two of you meeting because you both have the same kind hearts.

Posted by molly43 on February 06, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Wow… I will have to see a picture to believe the possibility…

Posted by AbiDumbledore on February 07, 2010, 03:21 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I can’t imagine JKR as a barbie doll. How weird is that?!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on February 07, 2010, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Audrey_side_lit_1_2_thumb

Oh my… This is very strange….

Posted by Audrey Sunshine {ROAR} on February 08, 2010, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

I’m not quite certain how I feel about this, I mean it’s cool but unless they build the barbie like J.K. is actually built, I don’t think that I’m okay with it.
However, it doesn’t mean that I’d object to having one.

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on February 08, 2010, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

Um, weird much? Barbies do not represent people, they represent plastic. Why turn yourself into one? I mean, I really don’t have anything against Barbies but I think that making them after people is just a bit weird.

Posted by phoenixortheflame on February 08, 2010, 11:28 AM report to moderator

Aww man, I wish they would produce them. I would definatly buy one!

Posted by Rodinius Black on February 09, 2010, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

This is weird.

Raven_avatar_thumb

Will she hit on Ken?

Posted by Won_Two on May 20, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Harry3_thumb

It’s Hilarious! Is My Leaky serious?

Posted by Chimchar87 on August 11, 2010, 08:22 AM report to moderator

"I have no hesitation in saying that James would have been highly disappointed if his son had never found any of the secret passages out of the castle."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014