Emma Watson Talks Epilogue Filming, Life as as University Student and More in New Interview

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 06, 2010, 12:01 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to the Daiy Express newspaper in the UK in which the Hermione Granger actress discusses her life as a university student, a desire for a normal life, her experience working on the Harry Potter films, and the Epilogue scenes.  On the subject of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, Miss Watson relates that ultimately wrapping filming will be an "uncontrollable" experience, saying: "It's been half of our lives.  It's made us, it's formed us.  It's such a bit part of my life so it will be really sad."  She goes on to note the following in regards to the much talked about Epilogue scene, which shows the Trio sending their own children off to Hogwarts: "We will look like 40-year-olds... I can't wait to see that."

The interview continues with Emma Watson relating her life outside of her Harry Potter experience, as a "normal" university student.  The paper reports:
“I probably sound like a paranoid nut but I’m doing this because I want to be normal,” says the actress who gave up childhood friends, sleep- overs, clubs and boozing for fame. “I really want anonymity.”
In London last year she left her family home and moved into a flat in a terraced house she shares with a friend and she sought out a similar experience in the US. Her Potter co-star Daniel ­Radcliffe warned her not to live in a university dormitory with an un known room-mate but she ignored his advice and moved in with a girl named Sophie. “I want to do it properly, like everyone else,” she says. “As long as I don’t walk in and see Harry Potter posters everywhere I’ll be fine.”
...
“You’re encouraged to be broad and choose many different subjects,” she says. “For someone who has missed as much school as I have I want to go back and discover what else there is. I always loved school. I was a proper, proper nerd. I just want that back again.”
The full interview may be read at the link above, while a scan of the article can be found here.

Many thanks to SnitchSeeker!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Hermione3_thumb

I think it’s cool that Emma is trying to be normal, but if the person she’s sharing her room with- Sophie doesn’t recognise her, that would be really strange.
Annie

Posted by Annie Foster on February 07, 2010, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Man, I love Emma Watson.
Thanks for an update on her :)

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on February 07, 2010, 04:26 AM report to moderator

Emma is such a grounded young woman. She has her priority straight on what is important to her future. I can’t wait to see if she will continue to act after she graduates from college.

Posted by hrhgnl on February 07, 2010, 04:27 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh cool

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 07, 2010, 04:31 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Emma is one cool person :) I love that she thinks of herself as a nerd. I sure hope that she is able (like, that the media leaves her alone) to have fun studying and get on with her life doing stuff that she wants to do.

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 07, 2010, 04:33 AM report to moderator

I hope she has a wonderful experience!

Posted by Little Deatheater on February 07, 2010, 04:37 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22037 Points

poor Emma!!! good luck!!! =)

Headshot_thumb

I love that she called herself a nerd. lol

Posted by Lysh on February 07, 2010, 04:47 AM report to moderator

Emma’s studying English Lit in America? that’s hilarious. It’s like Hermione taking Muggle Studies because “it’ll be interesting from the Wizard point of view”!!

Posted by sampsongregory on February 07, 2010, 04:57 AM report to moderator
Photo_11_thumb

my friend’s ex-gf lives a floor below her in her dorm, she said she’s really sweet. but everyone there still knows who she is, so I wonder if she’s getting the experience she wanted =/

Posted by Marissa Boyle on February 07, 2010, 05:07 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Emma is so cool! Great interview!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 07, 2010, 05:18 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is wonderful that she is down-to-earth enough to appreciate the power of an education to enrich her life. However, I envy her housemates for being able to befriend her.

Posted by Kirk on February 07, 2010, 05:26 AM report to moderator

great interview

Posted by madman1277 on February 07, 2010, 05:26 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Sophie is a lucky girl!!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 07, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Img_0409note_thumb

emma is a real person, and i don’t believe that she is “trying” to be normal…what is normal anyway?….so kudos to emma for “living”.

Posted by Fayebeline on February 07, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS[br]Teachers are hereby banned from giving students any information that is not strictly related to the subjects they are paid to teach.[br][i]The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-six.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014