New Aerial Shots of Wizarding World Theme Park Online

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 06, 2010, 12:28 PM

Some remarkable new aerial photos of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park have made their way online via Orlando United, which show a birds-eye sneak peek at the sprawling attraction.  The photos, over sixty in all, come courtesy of a recent helicopter tour over the Islands of Adventure which was able to capture images of the castle, streets of Hogsmeade, Hagrid's Hut, more of the roller coaster rides in the park, the store fronts, as well as the continued construction at the site.  The full series of photos can be found right here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is set to open at Universal Orlando this spring.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

The-moose_thumb

ohmygosh these pics are awesome. They really give a good idea of the scale of this place. Like in the other pics the place has always looked kind of huge but, these aerial pics really show how vast it is. My stomach is knotting up just looking at that ride :D

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 07, 2010, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Woweeeeee! That looks fun!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 07, 2010, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Img_0409note_thumb

great photos….hogsmeade looks fantastic.
it’s going to be an amazing experience to walk through the world of Potter.

Posted by Fayebeline on February 07, 2010, 05:22 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Wow. From these photos it is clear that this park will delight all fans. However, I am surprised by the size of the building behind the castle. Does it contain the entire ride, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey?

Posted by Kirk on February 07, 2010, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

so stoked and this just makes waiting even harder

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 07, 2010, 06:14 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait! I just checked out the Wiz.World ofHP website, and it’s fantastic! I love the photos! It totally does make waiting harder. I’m sorry to say that my attempts to apparate over are totally agaginst me!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on February 07, 2010, 06:23 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait! I just checked out the Wiz.World ofHP website, and it’s fantastic! I love the photos! It totally does make waiting harder. I’m sorry to say that my attempts to apparate over are totally against me!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on February 07, 2010, 06:24 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh i just cant wait

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 07, 2010, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Is Hogwarts that small??? I always thought of it as gigantic.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 07, 2010, 07:36 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

awsome!!

Posted by The Nerd on February 07, 2010, 08:16 AM report to moderator

These photos are just off the hook! They whet the appetite for more and soon! How glorious!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on February 07, 2010, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Totallyawesome-1_thumb

Okay, am I the only one who thinks this really takes the magic away? I mean, I thought the castle was ginormous, but these pictures make it seems tiny. Is that building connected to it the ride? Because I wanted a ride in the castle, not just a castle entrance, then a big white warehouse….this is kind of upsetting……

Posted by GottaGetBackToHogwarts[WBM] on February 07, 2010, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

It seems kinda small to me. That roller coaster ride looks as big as all of Hogsmeade, doesn’t it? For some reason I thought the castle was bigger than it looks in these photos.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on February 07, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Jordan_thumb

One thing to keep in mind is that, according to Florida law, any structures taller than 200 feet have to have a flashing red light for air travel safety. This severely limits the actual size of the castle. However, the designers have used clever forced perspective techniques to make the castle “feel” enormous.

I don’t know for sure, but think the actual “Forbidden Journey” ride will take place within the tan building. The castle itself will probably serve as the entrance to the ride and the setting for the queue.

I agree with GottaGetBackToHogwarts that these kinds of photos do remove some of the magic but we have to remember, that the park is designed to be seen from ground-level. I can’t wait to see everything, as-indended when the park opens!

Posted by Jordan Edwards on February 07, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Cool! I can’t wait for the opening!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 07, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator

"It'd be a bit more impressive if she hadn't done it about eighty times before," Harry said as they finally regained the fresh air of the staircase beneath Professor Trelawney's room. "But if I'd dropped dead every time she's told me I'm going to, I'd be

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014