Actors in the News Weekly Roundup (Updated)

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
February 08, 2010, 03:57 AM

It's been a quiet week in terms of news from the Harry Potter cast. Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) spoke to The Guardian newspaper's Weekend supplement about her most recent projects, including her role in Tim Burton's highly anticipated adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland." In the interview, Bonham Carter speaks briefly about the Harry Potter films:

We talk about the four Harry Potter films she's been in and I tell her I find them hard to ¬≠follow, too. She nods. "To be honest, I think it's a hell of a lot of plot to fit into two hours."
Scans of the interview as well as a number of stills from the film and pictures from The Guardian's photoshoot can be found here in our galleries. Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" will be released on the 5th of March. Many thanks to Freya for emailing in!

Secondly, Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) appeared in the Daily Mail this week in their "My Life in Pictures" feature. The article, which can be found via this link, includes a photograph of the Cambridge Footlights Society where she is joined by Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid) and Stephen Fry, who narrates the British Harry Potter audiobooks. There are also a number of photos with Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart), as well as a still from Thompson's recent role in Oscar-nominated 2009 film "An Education."

Finally, there are a number of new photos from the fashion range Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) has created with People Tree; you can find these in our galleries via this link.

Update: James Phelps was on BBC Radio 5's 606 programme talking about his support of Birmingham City football team as well as the break he has been given from filming in order to attend the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The interview can be found here on the BBC iPlayer and starts at around 49:10 minutes in. Thanks to SnitchSeeker for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Can’t wait for the “Alice”. The trailers are so good))) And Helena Bonham Carter’s character – the Red Queen is very funny)))) and in Russia this movie will be released only on 11th of March(( it’s not fair!
+ Love the pics from People Tree catalog and BTS. Emma’s doing a great job!

Posted by Pollytomat on February 08, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I found the article on Emma Thompson very interesting. I had no idea that Robbie Coltrane had been a member of Cambridge Footlights.

Posted by Graymayne on February 08, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i so cant wait for alice in wonderland! it should be good! alan rickman’s in it as well!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 08, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

no mention for the 2nd week running of Dan reading Shakespeare’s sonnet number 130 available to download on your mobile for Valentine’s day. This story was mentioned in the Times newspaper over a week ago, Also on the list is Stephen Fry, Kenneth Branagh and Alan Rickman.

Posted by jain on February 08, 2010, 10:52 PM report to moderator

Very interesting piece on Emma Thompson

Posted by Dawna on February 09, 2010, 12:56 AM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

I’ve always thought Tim Burton would have been great creating one of the Harry Potter films. Maybe in 20 years when they re-do them all he can get involved. Burton would have made the films really magical.

Posted by taoist1 on February 09, 2010, 01:08 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Very excited for “Alice in Wonderland”! Glad to hear about Helena with the article as well. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 09, 2010, 02:49 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I didn’t know that Helena was in Alice in Wonderland. I am so excited to watch that movie, it sounds awsome! I still can’t wait to watch Belatrix Lestrange in the Deathly Hallows! Bellatrix is my favourite Death Eater! She reminds me of me if I was evil! Can’t Wait!

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

The new Alice in Wonderland looks interesting. Interested in going to see it at the theater.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 09, 2010, 03:41 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

new alice should be a good watch and any news including robbie is awesome news

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 09, 2010, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cant wait 4 alice in wonderland

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 09, 2010, 07:12 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i can not till alice

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 09, 2010, 08:12 AM report to moderator

SQUEE i emailed in the guardian news and scans :) thats the second time i had my name mentioned on leaky :)

Posted by Freya-Storm on February 09, 2010, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I cant wait to see Alice in Wonderland its going to be so good! Three HP actors in it what could be better!!

Posted by LunaLuver on February 09, 2010, 09:52 AM report to moderator

...no sooner had the door swung shut behind them than they heard a familiar voice issuing from behind a rack of dress robes in spangled green and blue.[br]"...not a child, in case you haven't noticed, Mother. I am perfectly capable of doing my shopping [i