Win the Chance to Shadow J.K. Rowling on Take Your Daughter to Work Day with Barbie

Contests
Posted by: Rosi
March 17, 2010, 11:03 AM

After naming Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling among the 10 Women to Watch in 2010, the Barbie I Can Be website has announced a new competition where you can win the chance to be shadow J.K. Rowling for a day. The competition is only open to girls between the age of 6 and 14 (as of the 1st of March, 2010) and the winners will be asked to report back about their experiences with "photos, videos and a short written essay." Other women winning girls will have the opportunity to shadow include Editor-in-Chief of Glamour Magazine Cindi Leive, Professor Yoky Matsuoka of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington and Olympic Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler. Entries must be in by the 22nd of March and you can find more information here on the I Can Be website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Contests News

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

So cool!!! i don’t have that age!!! XP =/

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

1st

wish I was young enough :( first time I’ve ever wanted 2 b younger haha

Posted by KimmiePotter on March 17, 2010, 11:28 AM report to moderator
4266_95379003085_554113085_2686657_2975125_n_thumb

I always hate take your daughter to work day because my twin sister would always be allowed to go with my dad and I never was

Posted by Sam H. on March 17, 2010, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Flying-ford-anglia-resized-128_thumb

I wish I was that age again. :(

Posted by Immortal Phoenix on March 17, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I wish my daughter Gretchen was old enough, she is only 4!!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on March 17, 2010, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That is so cool!! Wish I could do it, but yet I’m too old being 19. haha

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 17, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

see, i can think about that! 14 – mwaahhahahah!!!!!!!!

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 17, 2010, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

I should enter my sister, she\s 14. ;)

Posted by Kissa on March 17, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

sigh. i am. no longer fourteen! oh well. good luck to others! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 17, 2010, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Too bad I’m too old! good luck to all who enter!

Posted by WillowEve ^HISS^ on March 17, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Dnmgazvy_thumb

My daughter would love to try for this BUT we don’t live in the US. Argh!

Posted by Apple on March 17, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I consider it a heinous tragedy that I cannot participate in this contest, being a nineteen-year-old male. Good luck to all who enter, though!

Posted by Kirk on March 17, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator

Wow go you have to be female????

Posted by Mew5645 on March 17, 2010, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Ruin_thumb

What an amazing opportunity that would be! Good luck to all who enter!

Posted by nundu on March 17, 2010, 02:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It seemed to Harry that Umbridge was steadliy depriving him of everything that made his life at Hogwarts worth living: visits to Hagrid's house, letters from Sirius, his Firebolt, and Quidditch. He took his revenge the only way he had: redoubling his eff