Win the Chance to Shadow J.K. Rowling on Take Your Daughter to Work Day with Barbie

Contests
Posted by: Rosi
March 17, 2010, 11:03 AM

After naming Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling among the 10 Women to Watch in 2010, the Barbie I Can Be website has announced a new competition where you can win the chance to be shadow J.K. Rowling for a day. The competition is only open to girls between the age of 6 and 14 (as of the 1st of March, 2010) and the winners will be asked to report back about their experiences with "photos, videos and a short written essay." Other women winning girls will have the opportunity to shadow include Editor-in-Chief of Glamour Magazine Cindi Leive, Professor Yoky Matsuoka of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington and Olympic Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler. Entries must be in by the 22nd of March and you can find more information here on the I Can Be website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Contests News

Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

that’s amazing! though they make it sound like stalking. >.>

Posted by friendofblob on March 17, 2010, 09:46 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

would be nice to be a girl here

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 18, 2010, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YES! I’m young enough! But will my mom let me? NO :(

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 18, 2010, 12:36 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ha ha ZachBlack!

I’m so lucky I’m a girl.

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 18, 2010, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

What an amazing contest! If only I were 14 again!

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on March 18, 2010, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

IM 15!!! IM A YEAR TO OLD!!! NO WAY! oh, *sniff, thats just my luck!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 18, 2010, 06:49 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I am so going to enter this competition………………Lucky me!

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i think i can pull it off im a 22 year, 6 foot 5in male i think i got a chance!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on March 18, 2010, 11:28 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

it will be great to watch a “report” after))

Posted by Pollytomat on March 18, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_thumb

bah the girls get all the fun! : p good luck all

Posted by BellatrixGranger on March 18, 2010, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

must do this!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on March 18, 2010, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

OH MY GOD!! This is the SECOND time I would’ve been perfect for a contest like this, if only I lived in the USA!! sigh

Posted by Owana Potter on March 18, 2010, 09:16 PM report to moderator

JKR isn’t participating! please make this known.

Posted by showersinger34 on March 18, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator

If only I were two years younger…

Posted by Stellar Sound on March 18, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator

"But now, your beds await, as warm and comfortable as you could possibly wish, and I know that your top priority is to be well-rested for your lessons tomorrow. Let us therefore say goodnight. Pip pip!"